Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
|Location:||Great Lakes, IL|
- 8-koi is seeking a Naval Special Warfare Preparatory Statistician to support the yet to be awarded Naval Special Warfare (NSW) Preparatory Course Training and Support Services contract in Great Lakes, IL. Naval Special Warfare (NSW) Force targeted an increase in the Sea, Air, and Land (SEAL) and Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewman (SWCC) forces. The Statistician will be responsible for collecting and interpreting data, data analysis, forecasting, trends, and predictions.
Duties and responsibilities
Execute responsibilities that require professional knowledge of statistics to include, but not limited to, collecting and interpreting data, data analysis, forecasting, trends, and predictions
- Apply statistical theories, techniques, and methods to program results and data. Prepare data for tracking. Experience with ggplot and language R preferred. Practical experience with data cleaning and geospatial datasets
- Gather and interpret quantified information to include, but not limited to, run, swim, and academic and physical test results.
- Provide analysis through mathematical modeling.
- Communicate with the OIC through point papers or power point presentations about any changes, strengths, or weaknesses derived through statistical findings. Coordinate guidance, feedback, and program evaluation with the OIC prior to implementation.
- Submit statistical reports, determined to be necessary by the OIC, in order to document program effectiveness.
- Enter course related information into Naval Special Warfare Center databases.
- Monitor trends in attrition and performance and communicate these trends through electronic media to the OIC.
- Provide a statistical analysis of student success / failure rates and PST trends in a per class report.
- Attend annual required training in accordance with guiding instructions at necessary conferences or courses to complete continuing education units required to maintain certification.
- Shall have appropriate level(s) of education to perform the required function – shall possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics or Computer Science, or equivalent plus have three (3) years’ work experience
- All contract personnel shall undergo a National Agency Check with Local Agency and Credit Checks (NACLC) background check prior to employment
Working conditions are within a normal office environment.
Normal office environment mobility; sitting, walking, bending, stooping, standing, lifting a maximum of 25 pounds (greater than 25 pounds requires a two-person lift), turning, pushing. Normal office dexterity, to include; reaching, handling, grasping, to include typing/keyboard, and phone use.