Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at A1 Placement
We are looking for a driven and experienced Accounting Manager to join the Finance team of a fast growing hospital product manufacturing company. This role is a hands on responsibility charged with developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements as well as overseeing the payroll function. You will be charged with managing a small team of accounting specialists in the execution of daily tasks.
You will prepare monthly, quarterly and annual G/L closings including preparing and entering journal entries, fixed asset tracking and account reconciliations ensuring that all accounting functions are carried out in a timely and thorough manner. You will manage a variety of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting and year-end audit preparation.
General duties may often include:
- Assisting Controller and department with the design and implementation of policies and procedures, special projects and reports, including the development of Financial Statements and related analysis as needed.
- Identifying project related risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Maintaining state registrations, business and tax licenses.
- Developing systems to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintaining subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balancing subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintaining general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balancing general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintaining historical records by filing documents.
- Preparing financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The ideal candidate is extremely detail oriented, enjoys working in a high volume & fast paced environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness, displays a high aptitude for effectively prioritizing and solving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong Team Player
- Strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced work environment
- Minimum 3 years of hands accounting and management experience