Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at A1 Placement
We are searching for an Assistant Controller to take accountability for assisting the Finance & Accounting team of an Austin-based tech company on preparation of financial statements, expense tracking and general reporting. This position will report directly to our client’s Financial Controller, and will be responsible for reconciling credit cards, maintaining accuracy in software systems, and assisting with quarterly, monthly and year-end closings.
This role will require in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as related to Industrial Accounting. Other specific areas of extensive experience include Accounts Payable, Cost Accounting, Corporate Taxes, Payroll processing, year-end audit procedures and all General Ledger functions, as well as with an emphasis on Accounts Receivable and its related functions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily processing of customer invoices, receipts and returns
Communicating the status of customer payments that are required prior to shipment
- Monthly reconciliation of sales revenue, cash receipts, customer deposits and bank accounts
- Review aging reports regarding collection of past due accounts and the resolution of any issues
- Ensure that all customers have provided the proper sales tax information to determine their state taxability status and update the system accordingly
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status, prepare financial statements
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes/accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Aid in all areas of the Accounting department, with the envisioned goal to gain and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the entire process
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-to-5 years of related experience
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics GP software preferred
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheets
- General knowledge of word processing
- Confident team player with interpersonal skills