Academy District 20
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Academy District 20
Location:Eagleview Middle School
Recruiting Start Date:05/01/2020
Estimated Start Date:07/21/2020Performs the activities of preparing, transferring, transcribing, systematizing, or preserving records, and transactions. Keeps accurate and detailed bookkeeping records and prepares statements reflecting those activities.
Eagleview Middle School, a dynamic Westside community, promotes progressive educational practices and a deep value for the arts to create unique learning experiences as diverse as our students, where learners thrive and feel valued within a safe, inclusive, and supportive culture.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Assists department head with maintenance of departmental budget
- Assists in the daily activities of the general ledger accounting, including but not limited to, preparing and inputting journal entries, budget transfers, and bank reconciliations
- Collects and maintains accurate accounts receivable entries
- Composes, performs, and types routine correspondence and reports and updates lists
- Develops and implements office procedures and methods to ensure the efficiency of office operations
- Develops and maintains required reports
- Maintains and reconciles PTO and activity accounts at a district/school level
- Maintains and/or prepares payroll records for guest and regular staff, including completing guest staff pay receipts, accounting for staff absences, and providing payroll records to Business Services
- Maintains inventory of office supplies; orders and stocks materials and supplies as necessary
- Maintains various databases, reports, and office filing systems
- Makes deposits in school checking account
- Manages school petty cash fund
- Performs a variety of bookkeeping procedures within the department and tracks various accounts and contracts; reconciles accounts and records; maintains/prepares budget records and summaries
- Performs a variety of duties using various types of office equipment
- Performs routine typing activities related to departmental functions
- Prepares and processes reports which require research, computation, and compilation
- Processes purchase orders and requisitions as required, tracks orders as received, and maintains records of school purchases
- Processes purchase requisitions for office equipment, maintenance needs, and staff expenses and office supplies
- Responsible for ticket sales at all athletic events where admission is taken
- Sets up, files, and sorts a variety of documents, to include sensitive and confidential information
- Tracks general fund budget for the principal
- Tracks/processes accounts receivable and bank statement reconciliation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and to learn functionality of new equipment and systems
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to create, access, input, retrieve, and manipulate information in various software systems
- Ability to establish and maintain accurate record keeping, document management, and filing systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from many diverse backgrounds and professions including supervisors, administrators, coworkers, staff, students, parents, and the general public
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to greet and interact with the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage simultaneous demands and set clear priorities
- Ability to perform routine bookkeeping and clerical accounting tasks effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work days, hours, locations, and assignments as directed by the supervisor within the position responsibilities
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Commitment to the education of students as a primary responsibility
- Communicates effectively with students and adults in a wide variety of settings
- Computer proficiency including office productivity applications
- Considerable knowledge of policies, procedures, and overall district functions
- Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous demands and set clear priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team setting
- Demonstrates citizenship, compassion, courage, discernment, excellence, honesty, hope, integrity, patience, perseverance, reliability, respect, responsibility, and trustworthiness
- Demonstrates effective organizational and time management skills
- Energetic, creative, innovative, flexible
- Excellent cooperative, collaborative, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of office methods and procedures including appropriate telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of Special Education, other educational programming, and associated legal requirements as related to the needs of the students assigned to the teacher
- Promotes a positive climate, culture, and community
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Student-centered and relationship-focused
- Understanding of data privacy laws and their implications for the educational community
- Willingness to participate in ongoing training as required
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
- Work is generally performed in a standard office environment.
Physical Demands: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
- Typical demands require staff to lift and carry up to 20 pounds, and may be higher for some assignments depending on position and student need; climb stairs, ladders, and/or stools; reach, hold, grasp and turn objects; use fingers to operate computer keyboards; feel the shape, size and temperature of objects
Cognitive Functions: The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Hours per Day:7.5 hour(s) per day
Number of Days per Year:210 days M-F
FLSA Status:United States of America (Non-Exempt)
How to Apply:
New applicants (including current district staff members) must use the Workday application portal. Documents emailed directly to a supervisor will not be considered for application purposes and will not receive a response. A completed online application also includes the following uploaded documents in PDF format:
- A current resume
Please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school/location. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting
Hiring Manager Email: