Academies of Math and Science
2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year
2018 Runner-Up Reader’s Choice Awards: Best Place to Work
Payroll Administrator - Tucson, AZ - AMS Impact Group
Note: This is not an online job.
Are you dedicated to influencing positive changes in at-risk communities by preparing students for college and a successful life and career? Academies of Math and Science (AMS) is an academically advanced charter school network serving predominantly low-income students, with a decade-long track record of being either the highest or one of the highest performing K-8 charter schools in Arizona. As part of the AMS family, your role as a Payroll Administrator is critical as we continue to grow and strengthen our impact in Arizona's education landscape.
We need a multitasker - prodigious across a variety of tasks. If you take great pride in your work, enjoy multitasking and a fast paced environment, have strong critical and analytical thinking skills, and are highly detail oriented - we are the team for you.
Responsibilities for the position will include processing daily transactions that include but are not limited to: A/P, bank deposits, and purchase orders. Qualified candidates will have experience with Sage or QuickBooks.
Qualifications & competencies:
- Experience with Sage or QuickBooks.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong analytical abilities and a love for data-driven decision making.
- Dedication to going above & beyond
- Collaborative work style paired with the ability to take initiative
- High standards for both yourself and your colleagues
Why work for us?
- Competitive salaries and bonus pay
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement (with employer contributions), PTO, and disability and life insurance
- Supportive, collaborative culture with incredible coworkers and leaders
- Comprehensive training, follow-up coaching, PD, and professional learning communities
- Extensive opportunities for career mobility/advancement as our schools and network continue to grow and expand to new areas
- The chance to truly make a difference in the lives of children who may not otherwise have access to a high-quality education
Interested in pursuing an AMS career?
Apply in 5 minutes through the link below. Please include the following in PDF or Word format:
1. A detailed resume describing your experience and data-supported accomplishments.
2. A cover letter showcasing your written communication skills and demonstrating your alignment with the AMS mission and competencies.
Compensation: $15 - $20 per hour, DOE.