Academy of Math and Science
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Academy of Math and Science
Are you dedicated to influencing positive changes in at-risk communities by preparing students for college and a successful life and career? Academies of Math and Science (AMS) is an academically advanced charter school network serving predominantly low-income students, with a decade-long track record of being either the highest or one of the highest performing K-8 charter schools in Arizona. As part of the AMS family, your role as a Payroll Administrator is critical as we continue to grow and strengthen our impact in Arizona's education landscape.
We need a multitasker - prodigious across a variety of tasks. If you take great pride in your work, enjoy multitasking and a fast paced environment, have strong critical and analytical thinking skills, and are highly detail oriented - we are the team for you.
Qualified Candidates Must Have:
- Previous ADP payroll experience required, Sage Intacct experience a plus
- Associate degree in Business Administration required, accounting degree preferred
- Three plus years in a Payroll Office performing all payroll functions; two years additional payroll office experience in lieu of associate's degree
- Excellent skills using MS Excel, with the ability to manipulate Excel formulas & functions
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll for over 600 employees; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions
- Reconcile payroll deductions with 3rd party statements related to health, dental, and vision benefits
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources, budget and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. labor" home" work, overtime, leave balances, head count, and retirement contribution reports)
- Handle the administration of the electronic timekeeping system. Setup each employee, valid programs for each employee's charges, and adherence to FLSA; monitor submissions of approved timesheets, ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll service
- Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and adherence to APA policy including compliance with federal/state/local regulations
- Upload biweekly journal entries into Sage Intacct and review for errors
- Other duties as assigned
Apply in 5 minutes through the link below. Please include the following in PDF or Word format:
1. A detailed resume describing your experience and data-supported accomplishments.
2. A cover letter showcasing your written communication skills and demonstrating your alignment with the AMS mission and competencies.