Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Digital Finance Technology Consulting Senior Manager, Midwest
Digital Finance Technology Consulting Senior Manager:
Accenture's Communications, Media and Technology practice works with the world's most innovative, technologically advanced and exciting companies. From the disruptors of Silicon Valley and China to established media and communications players, to the high-tech companies who are building the infrastructure on which our modern society depends, CMT is planted firmly in the middle of what matters most in business and society across the globe. Are you ready transform the way the world connects, lives and works? If yes, join us and help move the world forward today!
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Working closely with our clients, Consulting professionals design, build and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance. They develop specialized expertise—strategic, industry, functional, technical—in a diverse project environment that offers multiple opportunities for career growth. While the specific type of consulting work they do can vary, it generally aligns to management consulting, systems integration consulting or technology consulting.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Helps define the strategic direction in partnership with senior leaders when establishing near-term goals and effectively cascades and integrates with their teams
- Interacts with senior level (C-suite, SVP, VP, etc.) clients and/or within Accenture on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach
- Has high degree of latitude in decision-making
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures to deliver against assignments Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility and/or across client project team
- Manages large-to-medium sized teams of diverse backgrounds, skill sets and technical/functional knowledge and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Lead project teams engaged in the successful delivery of a wide range of Digital Finance initiatives aligning finance with business strategy in support of the broader organization's future vision
- Develop Digital Finance strategies by assessing a client's business challenges/needs/gaps, diagnosing the root problems and recommending an innovative approach leveraging Accenture assets
- Create strategies and blueprints that define the overall finance operating model and end-to-end finance processes (e.g., Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Record to Report) while harnessing the power of robotic process automation, machine learning, and/or artificial intelligence to accelerate performance
- Lead the blueprinting and functional design of end-to-end Cloud ERP and Enterprise Value business solutions for our clients to transform their Finance function
- Develop a finance application roadmap and strategy that helps companies implement technologies to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness, compliance, and to capture new revenue opportunities (e.g., FinTech applications, blockchain technology, virtual & augmented reality
- Refine and optimize the CFO's ability to organize and analyze financial, operational and external information to create substantial shareholder value
- Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, define deliverable content, and ensure buy-in from senior leadership at client
- Collaborate across the global CFO & EV practice to share lessons learned and best practices
- Develop and maintain contact with C-level clients, be a trusted advisor to senior executives and/or management on their business needs and issues, and organize and leads proposal pursuit teams
- Encourage innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas and career goals to fruition
- Identify and support business development initiatives; participate in and lead all aspects of the proposal development process
- Develop thought capital and disseminate information around current and emerging trends
- Maintain an understanding of advancements in technology and innovations which are happening across digital, analytics, the CFO ecosystem, and broader marketplace
- Minimum of 8 years of combined finance and strategic consulting experience. Experience must include:
- Solid understanding of the Finance function, operating models and supporting organization structures, and process best practices
- Solid project management experience including: defining scope, setting project timelines and milestone, driving deliverables, identifying risks, managing issues, and client relationship management
- Working knowledge of data supply chain and Finance technologies
Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Experience in revenue recognition and Financial Planning & Analysis
- CPA, CFA, CA, MBA, CMA or experience as an accountant
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance including Sarbanes-Oxley, IFRS, Basel II
- ERP technology understanding (SAP / Oracle / Workday)
- Direct experience in creating business change using SAP, Oracle or PeopleSoft Financials
- SAP, Oracle, or PeopleSoft Financials configuration, conversion or detailed process design
- Experience with Finance technologies such as Anaplan, Hyperion, BPC, Anaplan, OBIEE, Tableau, Fusion, etc.
Professional Skill Requirements
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with clients individually and as a member of an engagement team
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand client needs, develop proposed solutions and deliver high impact change initiatives
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment and structured decision-making
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments and/responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong competence in developing presentations required (MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel))
- Highly motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy and complex problem-solving environment (both with clients and within the organization)
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.