Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Location: Tampa, Florida
Thisis professional accounting work involving the application of professionalaccounting techniques to a variety of fiscal transactions and accountingsystems. This position is responsible for accurate and professional maintenanceof fiscal transaction records, preparation of needed statements and reports;remains knowledgeable of auditing functions and current accounting practicesand activities.
- Communications - Communicate with supervisor and established chain of command regarding daily operations and/or incidents; document all required information in a clear, legible, timely, concise and accurate manner.
- Relationship - Respects authority; models direct and clear communications with peers, clients and subordinates; culturally aware and respectful of differences.
- Administrative - Precisely documents events and transactions specific to job duties in approved Agency formats; understands and adheres to administration and program operating procedures.
- Technical - Utilizes Agency communication devices and information technology as a business tool; proficient, as required, in the use of Outlook, DATIS, Train Caster, Intacct and related IT systems and software applications.
- Business Acumen - Adheres to Agency Policy.
- Professional - Behaves ethically;presents a professional image in appearance, communications and demeanor; adheres to Agency scheduling Policy; follows activity schedules; committed to personal professional development
- Analytical - Establish a helping relationship with administrative and program management.
- Leadership - Seek to participate in effective approaches and training to enhance job skills; seek opportunities to mentor new staff; ability to recognize unsafe behaviors, situations, environments; acts to maintain the safety and well-being of persons receiving services, staff and community members.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least two years of related experience required.
- Must possess valid Florida Drivers' License, industry accepted driving history and maintain vehicle insurance required by State of Florida.
Supervision: Work is performedunder the direction of the Accounting Manager. This position does not providesupervision to others.
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of thisjob, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, carryitems, and stoop. Prolonged periods of sitting at desk and working on acomputer screen. Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time.
WorkEnvironment: This joboperates in a professional office environment. This role routinely usesstandard office equipment including computers, 10-key calculator and copiers.
PositionType/Expected Hours of Work: This is a fulltime position. Days of work are Mondaythrough Friday, hours may range from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Some flexibility inhours allowed, with approval.
Travel:Occasional travelbetween ACTS, banks and client locations should be expected.
- Prepares Accounts Receivable invoices
- May assist with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable batching and entering invoices.
- Process and mail client statements
- Processes, balances, and maintains tracking on all cash posting transactions.
- Performs balancing operations on a number of accounting Systems, maintains controls, journals and account ledgers reflecting a sufficient variety of fiscal transactions to require the use of professional methods.
- Prepares fiscal analyses in limited accounting areas or assists in similar activities in several accounting areas; prepares fiscal statements and reports of a professional nature within specific account limits or assists in similar activities involving a wider variety of accounting areas when required.
- Invoice client rent receivables and maintain rent rosters
- Process client write-offs
- Prepare and deliver daily receivables to bank using personal vehicle (occasional)
- Evaluates existing processes for automation / streamlining.
- Perform related work as required / assigned
The omission of specific statements does notpreclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if suchduties are a logical assignment to position.ACTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.