Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll Tax Specialist
at Acumen Inc.
Acumen, Inc. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs.
Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our client’s lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
The Payroll Tax Specialist is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely deposits and preparation of returns for all filing jurisdictions for Acumen Fiscal Agent, a high volume, multi-state fiscal agent and its customers
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the timely deposits and filings for federal, state and local tax liabilities for all jurisdictions where Acumen Fiscal Agent and its clients do business.
- Files quarterly and annual unemployment taxes.
- Examines all payroll records to ensure proper recording of tax transactions and compliance with applicable laws.
- Completes monthly, quarterly, and annual tax reconciliations as appropriate to ensure accurate filings. May be required to perform audits more frequently depending on jurisdiction.
- Performs W-2 reconciliations and processes corrections as required.
- Apply for Acumen Fiscal Agent authorization to act as an appointed agent for federal and state tax liabilities.
- Investigates and resolves tax notices, penalties and questionnaire requests.
- Interact with Accounting and Payroll Departments to identify and resolve variances.
- Maintains up to date employer files within the company’s electronic records management system.
- Communicates effectively.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Acumen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap or veteran status.
- Communicates effectively in individual or group situations including demonstrating active listening skills.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing using accurate grammatical form and able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ Years’ experience in multi-state payroll/taxes and knowledge of domestic employer filing requirements.
- Basic knowledge of payroll and accounting required.
- Ability to read and interpret complex federal, state and local policies, legislative briefs, regulations and other written documentation as it pertains to tax compliance and filing matters.
- Excellent analytical, technical and tax accounting/technology skills with knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), tax compliance and corporate consolidated returns.
- Accuracy and the ability to handle responsibility with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, time management, task oriented, good interpersonal skills, patience, perseverance and follow-through.
- Advanced level computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and e-mail proficiency.
- Ability to work effectively with other internal and external departments and customers.
- Proficient in and has a good understanding of relational databases.
- Excellent customer service skills.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.