Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Clerk
at Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
- Job ID
We are looking for Accounts Payable Specialists to join our team!
The Accounts Payable Specialist performs various accounts payable functions including invoice entry (matching, batching, and coding), research and resolution of customer or vendor issues, check management and disbursement control, and maintenance of certain account reconciliations. Key skills include knowledge and application of accounting principles and accounts payable, analytical techniques, and preparation of monthly reports. If this is something that you are interested in, then keep reading!
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The Accounts Payable Specialist has direct and significant contact with the CFO, Corporate Controller and various operating managers.
- Process Accounts Payable Invoices (matching, batching, coding, and system entry)
- Audit invoices, checks and statements prior to imaging the documents
- Assist with the imaging of manual entry documents, in compliance with the once-per-week image pickup schedule.
- Support Plant Accountants to resolve issues with invoice images, purchase orders and payments.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Accounts payable management requirements for multiple organizations within the company with the invoice volume of hundreds per week
- A/P invoice exceptions processing experience strongly preferred
- Oracle experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required (Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Problem solving and analytical insight
- Strong organizational skills & ability to meet deadlines in a time sensitive environment
- High school graduate
- Bachelors degree preferred
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.