Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Analyst - IT Finance
at Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
- Job ID
- Information Technology
- City Name(s)
- Hilliard, Columbus
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The IT Finance Business Analyst has broad responsibility for the support and continual improvement of business processes and systems that impact the Finance organization. The BA will work closely with the business acting as the liaison for IT to manage and resolve system related issues that impact business operations. The Finance BA has a customer service orientation and can relate highly complex technical issues to the business in simple non-technical terms. The Finance BA is a process and system subject matter expert and ensures the successful delivery of initiatives through clear alignment of business requirements. The Finance BA is responsible for ensuring high quality system delivery by facilitating a thoughtful quality control and testing process.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Partners with business functions to define, determine, analyze, document and communicate the objectives, business requirements and priorities for information systems and solutions; works with application and technical experts on the solution design, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement of the information systems.
- Drives the effort, working with the business, to define, document and develop what constitutes business success for medium to large size initiatives within Finance.
- Elicits, analyzes, and documents functional business requirements. Supports requirements management activities, as necessary, ensuring that the impact of change is well understood and approved by the appropriate stakeholders within the organization.
- Supports solution assessment and validation to ensure that functional and technical specifications meet the identified business needs within the organization.
- Creates relationships with new acquaintances quickly and confidently; works to build trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships; is comfortable in a challenger role that requires and has the ability to influence.
- Reviews test plans and testing methodology to mitigate risks and participates in testing the solution to ensure the solution meets functional and non-functional requirements within the organization
- Implement processes and procedures to reduce defects and ensure maximum system uptime and stability. Identify and support deploying permanent fixes that prevent future re-occurrences in a quick and effective manner, resulting in a reduction of new defects occurring.
- Conducts problem analysis as needed. Escalates complex issues for additional analysis and resolution as appropriate. Acts as a point of escalation for moderate to difficult problems.
- Develops positive relationships with both the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes.
- Basic ability to pull a broad mix of people and related skill bases together for a common purpose and goal. Ability to influence the group through thoughtful dialogue and education. Ability to have an individual or group work through a challenging issue, probe for issues/concerns and drive to consensus.
- The ability to understand requirements and trace them back to business goals/objectives. The ability to identify the relationships and interdependencies between requirements. The ability to prioritize requirements based on their relative value, risk, difficulty of implementation, urgency, likelihood of success, regulatory compliance, or other factors.
- Understands and works in line with the organization’s mission, operations, structure, and goals; understands informal structures and processes of the organization; understands organization-level implications of his or her day-to-day decisions.
- Good relationship management and intrapersonal communication skills
- Functional expertise in Finance
- Functional understanding of supported business systems
- Results oriented
- Willingness to drive and embrace change
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language. Cultivate strong business partner confidence
- Strong understanding of business intelligence concepts and applications
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Customer Service Orientation
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, information technology, computer science, management
- 3+ years of Business Analyst experience with Finance
- Familiar with Oracle E-Business Suite R12
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle EBS Financials, Hyperion - HFM, PowerPlan, Blackline software
- Experience with Reporting tools
- Good Financial acumen
- Understanding of SQL a plus
- Experience with IT Frameworks (ITIL)
- Experience with Procure to Pay (P2P) systems a plus
- Experience with Concur Expense Reporting a plus
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.