Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Clerk III
The Accounting Clerk III maintains journals or subsidiary ledgers of an accounting system and balances and reconciles accounts. Typical duties include one or both of the following: 1.) reviewing invoices and statements verifying information, ensuring sufficient funds have been obligated, and if questionable, resolving with the submitting unit determining accounts involved. The review will include coding transactions, and processing material through data processing for application in the accounting system; 2.) analysis and reconciliation of computer printouts with operating unit reports (contacting units, researching causes of discrepancies, and taking action to ensure that accounts balance). Supervisor provides suggestions for handling unusual or non-recurring transactions. Conformance with requirements and technical soundness of completed work are reviewed by the supervisor, or are controlled by mechanisms built into the accounting processes.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, & Professional Association)
- Knowledge of double entry bookkeeping in performing one or more of the following: posting actions to journals, identifying subsidiary accounts affected, making debit and credit entries, and assigning proper codes.
- Requires a basic knowledge and understanding of the terminology, codes, and processes used in an automated accounting system.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current state driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of valid insurance.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain required security clearances.
- Minimum of one (2) years accounting experience.
- Demonstrated skills in using various computer software, including ability to use the Windows operating system as well as common office software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Database Management.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional and courteous manner in diversified situations.