Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Associate
at Albion Staffing
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion's Logistics Division is in need of an Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Associate to work at a Distribution Company in the North Miami Beach, FL area. The Accounts Receivable/ Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for completing duties and tasks assigned by the Accounting Supervisor. These tasks will be related to the Accounts Receivable and Cash Application area, as well as Accounts Payable and other areas related to the administration and finance department of the company. This position is also responsible for recording monthly journal entries, assisting in the preparation of monthly bank and credit card reconciliations, the generation of various accounting reports from Dynamics NAV as needed, and all other areas supporting the monthly closing process in accounting.
Job Responsibilities and requirements:
Accounts Receivable Functions:
- Apply payments from customers via credit card, check or wire transfer ensuring correct application.
- Correspond directly with customers regarding insufficient and /or inaccurate remittance information.
- File claims as appropriate.
- Invoice customers on daily basis as appropriate.
- Create and send customer statements on weekly basis.
- Perform daily reconciliation of all cash received into bank to cash posted in the A/R financial system and resolve variances.
- File check stubs and bank receipts.
- Perform all Cash Application functions accurately, timely and with sense of urgency.
- Research and reduce unidentified and unapplied cash.
- Research and follow-up on unpaid invoices (re-send invoice, etc.).
- Process Returns accurately; Research deductions taken by customers; File claims as appropriate.
- Partner with the team and management by quickly bringing issues to their attention, working to understand the root cause, and offering potential solutions.
- Document processes and procedures.
Accounts Payable Functions:
- Review and post purchase orders.
- Send non-trade invoices to appropriate Department Manager for review.
- Enter the non-trade invoices into Accounting System once approved.
- Generate weekly Accounts Payable report for Management review.
- Process A/P payments both electronically and via manual checks.
- Reconcile vendor statements against vendor accounts in Accounting system.
- Assist Finance Department in the month-end close process.
- Prepare the petty cash log and record entries to account for receipts and payments made from petty cash.
- Reconcile Freight Bills.
- Monthly Vendor Promotional Chargeback preparation.
- Vendor Purchase Return Orders/ Purchase orders credit validation and invoicing (PRO/PO reconciling).
- Assist in preparing financial information for any audits, tax returns and financial statement reviews by the company’s outside CPA.
- Assist accounting staff with special projects on an as needed basis.
- Perform additional related tasks and request, as needed.
- Three to five years’ experience in Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable.
- Requires knowledge of Accounts Receivable, maintaining sub-ledgers ledgers and basic accounting functions.
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, and Excel (minimum of intermediate level in Excel); experience with Dynamics NAV and QuickBooks preferred.
- Must have experience applying large volumes of transactions per day.
- Prior experience with EDI is helpful.
- Must have logical approach and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve exceptions and discrepancies as they occur.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employee matters.
- High School Diploma required; (AA) is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position works in an office environment with low to moderate noise levels.
- Individual sits for long periods of time while operating a keyboard and communicating via telephone.
- May involve standing/walking as needed primarily on a level surface throughout the day.
- May include lifting up to 15 pounds on occasion.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - primarily located in the North Miami Beach, FL area.
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding locations as TSA/STA Certification will be needed.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Applying for this position:
Please apply via the Link displayed or directly into Albion's Talent Community at: https://jobs.albionstaffing.com/jobs