Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alzheimer's Association
Under the direction of the Regional Finance Director, the Accounting Manager will manage the day-to-day accounting functions of the Alzheimer's Association’s Regional Chapters (Iowa, Minnesota-North Dakota, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wisconsin). A major emphasis of this position is to maintain accounting systems to track and allocate expenditures to government grants, fulfilling pre and post grant reporting requirements, and to manage governmental fiscal audits and renewals.
This full-time position is located in one of our offices in either Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska or Wisconsin and reports to the Regional Finance Director.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of all general accounting functions for Area Chapters.
- Monitor and record revenue on a daily basis.
- Monitor and reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Provide oversight and backup for accounts payable.
- Reconcile and balance various bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Maintain required processes for compliance to Government Grant Award requirements; review and record monthly invoices, close-out reporting, desk audits and other fiscal duties.
- Prepare financial reports (Statement of Activities) and historical reports for local offices and various internal departments from automated reporting system.
- Assist in the preparation of required schedules and documentation for annual audit and assist with the preparation and compilation of data necessary to complete Form 990.
- Responsible for full general ledger closing each month-subject to deadlines.
- Track Temporarily Restricted Funds and prepare entries to release as appropriate.
- Support the Regional Finance Director in the planning and monitoring of budgets, quarterly forecasts, preparing of various cost estimates, proposals, contract renewals, and special projects as required.
- Perform all necessary uploads from fund-raising software into accounting system. Assist in transitions to any new/proposed data migrations
- Assist with all chapter finance related questions and matters.
- Other accounting tasks and reporting as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Preferably at least five years of experience in day-to-day operations of accounting and finance department.
- Preferably non-profit accounting experience.
- Demonstrated strength in managing accounts payable, general ledger, and budgeting.
- Thorough understanding of developing and working with Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience with MAS500 or other automated accounting and financial reporting systems (BI360 for example) strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge and/or ability to become familiar with Uniform Grant Guidance as it relates to Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-profit Organizations.
- Detail oriented, accurate and efficient, with strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously, and problem-solve effectively.
- Strong communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well with others and keep supervisors well informed.
- Willing to work additional hours as needed on occasion and organize tasks and work flow to meet deadlines.
- Able to handle multiple assignments and tasks, and to be highly flexible.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion.
- Ability to travel overnight for regional and annual finance meetings.