Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AD, Accounting Systems Support
at Alzheimer's Association
Provide customer support and end-user training of the Alzheimer's Association’s accounting software package and Association accounting processes for Chapter and Home Office staff. The Associate Director will be familiar with the core accounting system, financial reporting systems, as well as related online systems that result in transactions in the core accounting system. The Associate Director will engage with teams that designate requirements for financial reporting and also participate in the development of the reports. The Associate Director will also lead the functional support team for the Association's accounting and financial reporting systems. Familiarity with not-for-profit accounting principles and complex accounting general ledgers, sub-ledgers and report writers is a must.
Essential Job Functions:
- Engage with task teams in gathering requirements for financial reports and developing the financial reports.
- Primary responsibility and leadership for functional support team efforts for the Association's accounting and financial reporting systems. Timely response and resolution of assigned Helpdesk tickets from Chapter and Home Office staff related to accounting processes and accounting software/report writer functionality.
- Train and lead direct report(s) to facilitate meeting objectives of functional support team.
- Foster strong relationships and trust with Chapter and Home Office constituents.
- Deliver training programs for Chapters and Home Office staff in the use of the Association's accounting and financial reporting systems as assigned
- Provide advice on not-for-profit accounting processes consistent with GAAP and Association policies.
- Assist in planning, testing and implementing accounting/reporting system updates and upgrades.
- Design and maintain testing scripts to be used in accounting system and report writer updates and upgrades.
- Develop, deliver and train on reconciliation processes involving the Association's accounting and financial reporting systems and other associated tools.
- Develop relationships with 3rd party vendors impacting Accounting Systems in area of responsibility.
- Assist in design, planning, and implementation of other process improvements in accounting systems, report writers, and related online systems as assigned.
- Maintain and produce procedural and instructional manuals on the Association's accounting and financial reporting systems; revise as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 3 years mid-level financial accounting software usage and implementation experience, preferably in a not-for-profit environment
- Experience and proficiency with mid to upper level accounting systems and report writers
- Experience and proficiency writing reports in mid to upper tier accounting systems
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of software (particularly Excel. The position requires intermediate to advanced Excel knowledge.)
- CPA or CPA-track preferred