Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Payroll Manager
at Apeel Sciences
About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. The Accounting and Finance team strives to be an enabler of business at Apeel by ensuring that the companys financial position is accurately reported and that we have a solid financial plan, adequate capital, and a financial strategy focused on driving long-term stakeholder values. We are seeking a Global Payroll Manager who will be responsible for the bi-weekly payroll processing for a growing, multi-state, international company, including new hires, terminations, bonuses, leaves of absence (LOA), relocations, direct deposits, wage garnishments, tax changes, medical & 401k deductions, etc. Ensure compliance in all areas of payroll and work directly with employees to resolve outstanding payroll inquires. The Global Payroll Manager will be the primary person responsible for processing the U.S. payroll through Paylocity and liaising with our global provider(s) for International payrolls.
What You'll Do
- Prepare and coordinate all facets of bi-weekly payroll processing for exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Interpret company pay policies, e.g., PTO, LOA, disability, workers comp, government regulations, withholding exemptions and ensures appropriate deductions are calculated and applied in a multi-state payroll environment.
- Implement and manage processes to effectively track payroll activities for expats.
- Proactively identify and resolve payroll discrepancies.
- Review and analyze current payroll practices, including payroll tax implications, to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Assign employee workers compensation codes.
- Assist in workers compensation audits.
- Prepare and maintain payroll records and reports, including standard and ad hoc reports to ensure data integrity, accuracy and timeliness.
- Prepare journal entries for payroll, payroll tax and benefit accruals.
- Review and reconcile quarterly and annual, federal and state, payroll tax returns.
- Review and distribute annual W-2s.
- Assist in implementing, writing, and maintaining procedures for Payroll.
- Directly manage North American payroll. Indirect/Matrix leadership of global payroll, as we grow.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
What You Bring
- Minimum 7+ years experience with U.S. payroll in a multi-state environment
- Minimum 5+ years in global payroll experience as single point of contact for countries outside the U.S.
- Previous experience within a high growth multinational company
- Strong understanding of Federal and multi-state wage and hour regulations
- Problem solving
- Customer service
- Documentation skills
- Detail oriented
- Interpersonal communication
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Human Resources or other related field. An equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- Paylocity experience preferred
- Experience with Mac a plus
Visit our website to learn more about Apeel Sciences: