Arizona Alliance for Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona Alliance for Community Health Centers
Performs all bookkeeping functions, including but not limited to General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Banking, and Financial Statements.
What You'll Be Doing
- Maintains current and accurate financial and payroll related records, systems and files in accordance with established policies and to ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations and laws.
- Reviews cash disbursements for correct coding and proper documentation prior to submission to CFO for check signing.
- Reviews or prepares invoices for applicable grants and contracts and calculates monthly drawdowns, where applicable, on a timely and accurate basis.
- Reviews all payroll transactions required for outside Payroll Service on a timely and accurate basis to assure checks are received in accordance with AACHC Payday policies. Works with vendor to resolve any payroll-related issues. Reconciles quarterly tax filing by vendor.
- Processes and makes timely deposits into the appropriate bank accounts. Reconciles accounts on a monthly basis.
- Reviews all staff credit card reconciliations, ensuring transactions are coded appropriately.
- Tracks and reconciles all payments made by clients/attendees through online credit card processes.
- Maintains schedules for fixed assets, acquisition of assets and disposal of assets.
- Works with outside investment brokers to maintain compliance with all 403(b) guidelines. Makes deposits for individual contributions and employer match contributions on a timely basis.
- Works with outside CPAs to provide them with the necessary system files and data to complete the annual financial audit and Single Audit.
- Prepares and presents accurate and timely monthly financial statements and reports for management, Finance Committee, CHC-CV Board meeting, AACHC Board meetings and other Boards and Board Committees as required.
- Works closely with Grants & Contracts Manager, Chief Operations Officer, and/or other key staff as appropriate to develop budgets and routinely track performance compared to budgets.
- Prepares budgets for base grant, other grants, an administrative services contracts. Prepares annual fiscal year budget for AACHC and CVN.
- Tracks individual budget events as well as budget performance as a whole. Works with program directors to develop and maintain appropriate programmatic budgets.
- Prepares special financial reports and information for management as requested.
What You Should Have
- Four (4) year college degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or CPA candidate required.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in general accounting, including full charge bookkeeping through month-end closing, financial statement preparation and payroll processing OR at least four (4) years’ experience in public accounting/auditing of non-profit organizations.
- At least two (2) years’ experience supervising personnel and/or leading working teams with personnel of varying educational levels and specialties.
- Demonstrated ability to use intermediate and advanced functions and features of the MSOffice suite including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database applications.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, internal office policies and control procedures as well as all requirements stipulated by granting/funding agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks, assignments and projects to meet established quality and time requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrate group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Demonstrated ability to organize by prioritizing and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Strong attention to detail
What We Do For You
- Ten days of vacation accrued annually, with the opportunity to use accrued vacation following the completion of the 90-day introductory period of employment
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Three Personal days annually
- Six days of sick leave per year
- Depending on the plan selected, we offer medical/dental/vision insurance for our employees; coverage for eligible dependents is available on a contributory basis
- Eligibility to participate in the Section 125 flexible benefits program
- Eligibility to participate in the Section 403(b) “retirement” savings program
- Eligibility to participate in any or all of the voluntary benefit programs that are available through our organization
- Competitive Salary, DOE
This position is located in downtown Phoenix.
CPA or CPA Candidate required.