Arizona Community Physicians
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona Community Physicians
Arizona Community Physicians (ACP) is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our successful physician-owned medical group. We are a patient-centered organization consisting of approximately 890 employees including 170 providers spanning across Tucson, Green Valley and Oro Valley. This position will office in our Executive Management Office. We are seeking candidates who can successfully contribute across a variety of financial business needs. Successful candidates will be comfortable stepping in to handle routine daily needs, including the little stuff, as well as managing accounting responsibilities.
Performs general accounting functions to include preparation of month end journal entries and financial statements. Assists with preparation of account reconciliations, payroll processing, cost reports, and other comparative reports.
- Prepares weekly cash/payment report and monthly financial and ancillary report.
- Reconciles batch reports to batch book maintained by cashier and reviews site cash deposit reconciliations.
- Performs bank reconciliations.
- Performs payroll processing, journal entries, and reporting.
- Analyze and complete banking transactions and journal entries.
- Assists with accounts payable, duties for month-end close, balance sheet account reconciliations, general ledger maintenance and other special projects as needed.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or other closely related field
- Minimum of three years experience as a staff accountant performing the duties described above
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, 10-key, and e-mail systems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred
- Ability to interact and communicate with a variety of people
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, emphasizing responsiveness, respect and courtesy
- Ability to work professionally with other team members
- Ability to adapt to changes in job duties and the workplace
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, analytical skills, math skills, and communication skills