Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 11/05/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Accountant-1. This position is in a small unit of 5 accounting specialist and reconciles provider payments. This unit also handles a call center to research and answer providers’ payment inquiries. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Validate and reconcile system interface files to AFIS for payments.
* Monitor processing of Medicaid provider conversion and modification interface files and identify issues for corrective action.
* Support and assist with electronic funds transfer (ACH/EFT) enrollments related to vendor issues.
* Reconcile and report Sub fund revenues/expenditures, cash balance to management on monthly bases.
* Reconcile suspense account and research aged invoice status in AFIS.
* Run various reports for Health Plans weekly and for Department of Insurance run monthly, quarterly and annually.
* Enter and process supplemental manual payments in accordance to appropriated funds and Federal rates.
* Research and assist with provider inquiries related to payments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices; the analysis and reporting of financial data.
* Working knowledge of financial research methodologies in automated financial systems.
* Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); comprehensive knowledge of the principle, concepts, practices, methods and techniques of governmental accounting.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing priorities in an efficient and effective manner.
* Accredited College and or University degree in Accounting or one year of professional level accounting experience.
* Knowledge and experience of automated accounting systems.
* Intermediate level in Excel, basics in Business Intelligent Report AFIS, Arizona Statewide Accounting system, modules in AP, CR, GL and Vendor/ Customer are a plus.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.