Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Apply by: 02/24/2020
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual organized self-starter to join our team as an Accountant-3. This position is responsible for processing payments, preparation of financial data and reports, reconciliations, and accounting compliance with State and Federal regulations. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Develop, maintain, and analyze payment schedules and process monthly payments in the Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS). Review contractor spending plans through financial analysis of financial statements, audits, spending trends, forecasting, in accordance with state and federal regulations. Advise management of recommendations and issues.
* Prepare and review financial data, reports, and budget and program narratives for grant applications, state and federal reporting, sub-recipient contracts, Interagency Service Agreements (ISA), and Intergovernmental Agreements (IGA). Process, track, and reconcile receipt of revenue in AFIS and other internal systems.
* Provide comprehensive financial analysis and expertise on areas including, budget, cash management, cost allocation, labor activity, grants management, fiscal audit controls, internal control, recoupments, payment reconciliation, and compliance with state and federal regulations, sub-recipient monitoring, and state & federal reporting.
* Provide technical assistance to contractors on payments, recoupment of funds, housing, internal control, state and federal funds, and spending plans, in accordance with state and federal regulations.
* Perform other accounting duties related to areas of responsibility as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Automated accounting systems and in software applications in a Windows and or Google environments; Excel, Word, Access, and other PC based accounting databases, spreadsheet and mainframe software.
* Substantial knowledge of the methods and techniques of development of accounting data and processing related to large financial systems.
* Knowledge in budgetary and financial requirements; internal control, fiscal management; federal grants management; and procurement and contracts management.
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a high paced, continuously changing environment with frequently changing priorities.
* Skill in analytical, organizational and problem solving, including the ability to interpret financial and statistical data.
* Principles and practices of accounting and auditing in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as determined by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS).
* Federal and State laws, rules, regulations and policies governing financial requirements related to the Agency’s programs as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), State of Arizona Accounting Manual (SAAM), Arizona Revised Statutes including current legislative session law and AHCCCS Administrative Policies and Procedures.
* Bachelors or Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Public Administration or other related fields.
* A minimum of two years of accounting work experience in governmental or related financial accounting.
* Preferred experience with the Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS).
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.