Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Review: 09/12/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Accounting Specialist-1. This position will post daily KidsCare premium payments and reconcile, prepare and process daily deposits. This position is part of the DBF Call Center related to Premium Billing issues and responds to telephone inquiries, records comments on screens in Premium Billing System and follows-up on problems and issues. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* This position will post daily premium payments for KidsCare and Freedom to Work programs, hospital assessment payments and provider screening fees.
* This position will reconcile, prepare and process daily deposits, NSF, ACH/EFT and also reconcile credit card payments.
* This position responds to calls in the DBF Call Center related to premium billing member issues as well as responding to telephone inquiries for hospitals and providers.
* Records comments on screens in the Premium Billing System and follows-up on internal problems and issues with other divisions in the Agency.
* Responsible for professional customer satisfaction. Conducts research, reviews findings and provides a resolution for AHCCCS members assessed a monthly premium who have called or written concerns, issues or problems.
* Performs a variety of accounting and clerical duties using automated systems.
* Reconciles, analyzes, verifies, and balances financial transactions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Experience in accounts receivables, collections and general accounting.
* Excellent oral and written communications.
* Strong customer service, interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette.
* Ability to manage time and maintain organized accurate records.
* Experience with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
* Communicate proficiently in Spanish verbally and in written form.
* Knowledge and experience using the State Accounting System (AFIS).
* Knowledge in billing, collections and ACH processing.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.