Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review : 09/12/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Accounting Specialist-2. This position is responsible for management of multiple funds and operating bank accounts for expenditures, transfers and reconciliations; assuring timely disbursement/transmittal of electronic payments to health plans and providers and reimbursements to bank account; and to assist in preparation of and monitoring of expenditures, revenues and appropriation analysis for multiple funds and programs. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Prepares and monitors expenditures, revenues and appropriation analysis for multiple funds and programs; review all documents as an internal control.
* Management of multiple funds and its expenditures, transfers and reconciliations.
* Assures timely correspondence of payment information to health plans and providers.
* Prepares and tracks transfers, balance the state match fund 2500 to the state accounting system, AFIS, manual entries and ACH setups and updates.
* Daily balancing of accounting systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and ACCESS Databases), mainframe and automated accounting systems.
* Knowledge of reconciliation process to ensure all agency reports are reconciled with the state accounting system and understanding of the hierarchy of funding codes contained within the accounting system and the flow of the information through the system from initial input to payment and reporting.
* Skill in work organization and accomplishment; analysis, interpretation and communication of financial data; spreadsheet and database development; oral and written communication; problem solving techniques; and imparting knowledge to others.
* Knowledge of the complex funding sources to ensure correct funding is applied to the documents processed for the appropriated State and Federal funds to maximize the federal funding to the agency based on the federal reporting requirements.
* Ability to write reports summarizing financial data compilation, interpretation, analysis; the ability to write operating procedures for work assignments; the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a high paced, continuously changing environment with frequent interruptions.
* Two years of professional level accounting experience.
* Knowledge and experience with AFIS accounting system.
* Associates Degree in Accounting or Bookkeeping is a plus.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.