ARIZONA HEALTH CARE COST CONTAINMENT SYSTEM Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Health Care Financial Consultant
First Resume Review: 09/04/2020
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
JOB SUMMARY: The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Health Care Financial Consultant. After extensive training, this position has the potential of being worked from home with some in office meetings. Under the general direction of the fee for Service (FFS) Rates Manager, this position is responsible for the following: developing and managing assigned FFS schedules, including conducting fiscal impact analysis to the State or providers and implementing any changes; researching, analyzing, and implementing differential adjusted payment policies; assisting in drafting public notices and rule changes; assisting in the coordination of organ transplants. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Perform complex data analyses and fiscal impact analyses for proposed changes to reimbursement rates and methodologies; develop and present recommendations to management.
* Perform annual reconciliation and calculate supplemental payments for the Federally Qualified Health Centers and Rural Health Centers.
* Assisting FFS Rates Manager in coordination of organ transplants.
* Writing, researching, and analyzing alternative rate-setting methodologies, various administrative rules, policies and requirements, both state and federal as they apply to fiscal responsibilities.
* Attend internal and external meetings serving as the agency's rate-setting expert to answer questions, provide recommendations and participate in problem solving and decision making.
* Researching, analyzing, and implementing differential adjusted payment policies.
* Other duties as assigned as related to the position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): * Financial/fiscal data analysis methods, statistical analysis and research methodology
* PC and mainframe computer system applications, programming and operations within the context of healthcare industry usage
* Medicare and Medicaid payment regulations, and state and federal laws relating to the AHCCCS program
* AHCCCS and managed care service delivery systems, including the various types of services provided/required, service provider types and specialties incorporated into the AHCCCS programs along with the types of services provided
* Analysis, research techniques and problem-solving skills to resolve operational problems and improve systems related to the rate-setting
* Application of data analysis skills to extract and report service utilization from claims and encounter service data and to sue utilization data to analyze fiscal impacts of rate payment scenarios
* Project management skills including the development of project objectives, task analysis and work plans
* Analyze, summarize, interpret, understand, report data and synthesize financial and/or managerial data and complex payment issues * Work and communicate with a broad spectrum of professionals internally and externally and the ability to effectively present information both orally and in writing
* Work independently or as part of a team
* Ability to work Virtual Office
SELECTIVE PREFERENCE(S): * Graduate degree in business, economics, health administration or related field.
* Coursework in intermediate/advanced level statistics, applied research methodology, computer application/programming, accounting/finance/economics, management and healthcare/medical terminology.
* 1-3 years’ experience in health care industry.
* Cognos/Business Objects or other SQL program.
BENEFITS At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
Please apply for this position by following the link provided below. A new window will open on your screen and you will be directed to the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) employment website.