Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Senior Financial Analyst
First Resume Review: 09/30/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Financial Analyst in our Actuarial Unit. This position will assist in the computing of capitation rates and monitoring the financial stability of the Contractors that provide medical care to members for six programs. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Preparation of all financial information support to the AHCCCS Actuaries for all programs.
* Preparation of all program reconciliations, including but not limited to the Acute Tiered Prospective reconciliation, Newly Eligible Adults reconciliations, Prior Period Coverage reconciliations, Share of Cost reconciliations and Home and Community Based Service reconciliations.
* Assist in the preparation of Budget information to be supplied to the Division of Business and Finance.
* Assist in the preparation of the Rural Hospital Payments.
* Assistance as needed between AHCCCS actuaries and ISD for the capitation rate setting data books for all programs.
* Preparation of capitation rate or reconciliation information for the Contractors.
* Preparation of necessary capitation rate information for the AHCCCS website.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated proficiency in financial analysis principles and strong accounting and financial reporting.
* Strong accounting and financial reporting experience.
* Proficient in Excel.
* Experienced with AHCCCS or managed health care programs.
* Proficient in project management skills and high level of attention to detail.
* Finance or accounting related degree, C.P.A. or Masters level degreed preferred.
* Combination of five years’ experience with capitation rate setting or financial analysis required.
* COGNOS, MS ACCESS, SAS and Data Manipulation.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.