Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Accounting Specialist
at Arizona Humane Society
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers as part of the accounting team. The Accounting Specialist is responsible for Accounts Payable processing, month-end closing functions, general ledger account analysis and support for the Cash Receipts function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary for Accounts Payable function:
- Process accounts payable transactions to ensure that all invoice and staff reimbursements are recorded and paid accurately and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Obtains documents required for new vendor setup.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Audit employee expense reports in Concur and coordinate payment.
- Unclaimed property follow up.
- Analyze general ledger for unrecorded expenses and prepare expense accruals.
- Tracks vendor certificates of insurance.
- Special projects as assigned.
Support for Cash Receipts function:
- Process high volume cash receipts for multiple departments to ensure revenues are recorded correctly and proper controls are maintained.
- Process electronic check deposits and take cash deposits to bank approximately twice per week.
- Coordinates disposition of returned checks.
- Assists in daily reconciliation of bank deposits and credit card settlements.
- Perform month-end closing functions including journal entry preparation as assigned.
- Reconciling and recording of employees company credit card charges.
- Perform general ledger account analysis and reconciliations.Click here to enter text.
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience with accounts payable background.
- Associates's degree in Accounting or equivalent training preferred.
- Experienced and skilled in journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations.
Language Skills: Able to speak, read and write English. Excellent oral communication skills required.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform intermediate accounting tasks accurately.
Computer Skills: Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required. Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer; able to learn other software programs as necessary.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Driver's License.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications: Regular attendance is required. Must have access to reliable transportation.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.