Arizona State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona State University
Arizona State University
Debt, Plant and Capital Asset Management
The Debt, Plant and Capital Asset Management areas seek an Accountant to perform a broad scope of professional accounting activities that includes administration and monitoring of long-term debt and plant funds.
$48,000 per year
- Prepare standard accounting reports and statements including detailed cost and financial analysis, as well as forecasts and financial projections
- Assist in audits and prepare audit work papers
- Prepare critical wires, journal entries and reports and ensures that all items are completed in a timely manner according to the monthly calendar
- Prepare intricate journal entries using the University’s on-line financial system and reconciles reports and ledgers
- Review complex debt indentures and other legal documents
- Document, evaluate, and validate compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and university regulations
- Interpret financial data and account analysis
- Work independently under broad direction
- Develop queries and reports utilizing Brio Query from data warehouse and various financial systems for use by the university community
- Use effective verbal and written communication
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field AND one (1) year of professional accounting experience; OR, Five (5) years professional accounting experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy
- Experience: utilizing Advantage or other online accounting systems; performing complex reconciliations; preparing Excel spreadsheets; using Microsoft Office; analyzing and preparing detailed financial reports and statements; using database software
- Demonstrated knowledge with GAAP and accounting principles, GASB pronouncements and Internal Revenue Code
- Experience in identifying problems, developing solutions and implement plans
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with accounting and budgeting
- Demonstrated experience in fixed asset accounting
- Work in an office setting and use office equipment (i.e. computers, printers, copiers, calculators, telephones)
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time, travel moderate distances to perform work, use hands/fingers for repetitive motions
- Communicate orally and in writing
- Read-interpret written and oral instructions/directions
- May require lifting of items weighing up to 25 pounds
Financial Services serves the university community in a professional, accessible, customer focused, efficient and innovative manner by timely processing financial transactions and providing accounting, financial management reporting, financial system training and treasury management services.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU Financial Services will not be a sponsor for this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Jobs at ASU, enter Req Id# 51058BR
To review the official HR listing please visit the link below.
Another window will open and allow you to review this listing and application process.
If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.