Arizona State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FINANCIAL/HRIS DATA ANALYST
at Arizona State University
Financial/HRIS Data Analyst
Arizona State University
Financial Services seeks a Financial/HRIS Data Analyst to maintain, research and troubleshoot
payroll and human resources (HR) job data to ensure consistency and data integrity for processing and reporting payroll and HR data.
$45,000 - $48,000 per year; DOE
- Reviews complex personnel and/or payroll transactions to ensure accurate processing of data that can affect payroll, benefits, commitment accounting, sponsored accounting and reporting processes. Review includes analysis of data in Personnel Transaction Request (PTR), ASU’s front end application for job, position and payroll transactions, to identify inaccuracies and inefficiencies that impact payroll, benefits, human resources and other ASU departments.
- Administers job and position management requests on behalf of requesting area; reviews set up of jobs and positions to ensure consistency with established guidelines.
- Serves as liaison with academic and administrative department representatives to support Personnel Transaction Requests (PTR's), job and position setup and changes, academic renewals and leaves of absence.
- Works with team to ensure data integrity; identifies errors and initiates data clean-up process in conjunction with affected areas; educates customers on proper procedural changes to ensure understanding to maintain data integrity throughout system.
- Performs testing and researches functional issues related to HR PeopleSoft processes including all payroll related processes, modifications and upgrades.
- Writes queries and develops reports to verify transitions are processed timely and accurately.
- Develops and presents training materials for departmental users related to Data Management and Payroll functions.
- Works with technical staff on ongoing system support issues and development of new processes to improve efficiencies.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or closely related field AND one (1) year experience in procedural, management or systems analysis work; OR Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience with HR PeopleSoft modules or similar enterprise systems (i.e. HR or finance systems).
- Experience in customer service and application/system support.
- Experience with all applicable state, federal and university policies, procedures, standards and regulations effecting employment, benefits and payroll administration.
- Experience in multitasking skills, meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in collaborating across departmental functions.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing analytical techniques to assess payroll/benefits/human resources data quality and related financial reporting/analysis software.
- Experience in utilizing reporting formats and criteria to present succinct and meaningful management information to a variety of audiences with varying levels of interest/understanding.
- Experience with enterprise HRIS application database management.
- Experience preparing variance and financial data analysis.
- Experience with the practices, methods and techniques of application testing, project management.
- Work in an office setting and use office equipment (i.e. computers, printers, copiers, calculators, telephones).
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time, travel moderate distances to perform work, use hands/fingers for repetitive motions
- Communicate orally and in writing.
- Read-interpret written and oral instructions/directions.
- May require lifting of items weighing up to 25 lbs.
Financial Services serves the university community in a professional, accessible, customer focused,
efficient and innovative manner by timely processing financial transactions and providing accounting, financial management reporting, financial system training and treasury management services.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; Financial Services will not be a sponsor for this position.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 59146BR
To review the official HR listing please visit the link below.
Another window will open and allow you to review this listing and application process.
If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.