Arizona State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FINANCIAL/HRIS DATA ANALYST SR
at Arizona State University
Financial/HRIS Data Analyst Sr
Arizona State University
Financial Services seeks a Financial/HRIS Data Analyst Sr to perform a broad scope of professional payroll activities requiring strong decision making skills and ability to work independently. This position performs complex updating, reviewing and testing of HRIS job data and/or payroll changes. Ensures consistent data integrity for processing and reporting of HR and financial data.
$52,000 - $59,000 per year; DOE
- Advises and reviews lower level staff data entry changes to job data and payroll to ensure consistency with established guidelines; assists departments, facilitates training and coordinates with internal Human Resource and Financial Services staff to ensure compliance and timely completion of requests.
- Analyzes and reviews specifications for revisions to the HRIS (human resources information system) design and system enhancement initiatives; provides recommendations to improve efficiency and data integrity; actively participates, debugs and evaluates application test results; and by utilizing knowledge of established functionality and desired outcomes ensures smooth transition and minimal unintended errors and omissions due to implantation of changes.
- Prepares and/or reviews subordinates internal, external and ad hoc training to HR, Payroll and/or Financial system users as required/requested including, but not limited to: curriculum, training materials, and reference guides to ensure thorough understanding of standards and requirements for timely and accurate submission of HR actions.
- Coordinates with HR, Financial, and Payroll areas during development, testing and implementation of special projects, policies, rules, procedures, and programs to ensure awareness and understanding of process modifications and enhancements, and trains lower level staffs within payroll to ensure a strong understanding of the new policies and procedures.
- Reviews documentation and related forms associated with subordinates processing of job and payroll transactions to ensure compliance with policy and procedure; updates and communicates procedural and administrative changes to all affected constituencies to ensure timely adoption and awareness of changes.
- Works closely and cooperatively with HR and/or Financial Services to coordinate, monitor and implement human resource activities to ensure understanding and consistency in application and adherence with policies, practices and regulations.
- Participates in a variety of departmental and university-wide initiatives, programs and meetings to represent interests of Human Resources and Financial Services to ensure integration/collaborative support of university wide interests.
- Allocates staff resources to ensure data integrity; identifies errors and initiates data clean-up process in conjunction with affected areas; educates subordinates and customers on proper procedural changes to ensure understanding to maintain data integrity throughout system.
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or closely related field AND three (3) years’ experience in HRIS position management, job data and payroll procedural, management or systems analysis work; OR any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of system changes made within HRIS job data and/or payroll to ensure accuracy, proper documentation, and compliance with all pertinent procedures and regulations with the university and outside agency regulations.
- Experience in analyzing job data and payroll transactions or system changes in a high volume complex higher education institution using HR PeopleSoft or other enterprise HR/Payroll Systems.
- Experience in; reviewing lower level staff data entries within job data or payroll to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll and compliance with all policies, evaluating specifications and test results for system upgrades or implementation of special projects within HR PeopleSoft or other HR/Payroll Enterprise, supervising and training lower level staff in regular job duties and during implementation of special projects, processing complex payroll garnishments or workers compensation.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills to both internal and external customers.
- Experience in customer service; computers; complex spreadsheets and database applications.
- Experience processing payroll (6 years)
- Supervisory experience (2 years)
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, writes, see and hear to perform essential functions. Drives University vehicle and/or cart to campus site.
Financial Services serves the university community in a professional, accessible, customer focused, efficient and innovative manner by timely processing financial transactions and providing accounting, financial management reporting, financial system training and treasury management services.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU Financial Services will not be a sponsor for this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 52481BR
To review the official HR listing please visit the link below.
Another window will open and allow you to review this listing and application process.
If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.