Art Van Furniture
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Financial Analyst
at Art Van Furniture
Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s premier furniture and mattress retailer and one of America’s 10 largest furniture retailers, continues to grow very rapidly. Our growth has created a new opening opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our corporate team.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Financial Analyst will assist with developing models to support the budget and forecast process, as well as evaluate operating results. Generate and analyze monthly performance metrics, and operating trends. Participate in the evaluation of growth initiatives including Return on Investment and Cash-on -Cash returns and post audit analysis. Other duties include:
- Assist with developing and maintaining financial models and standardized templates to support the Annual Operating Plan, maintain rolling monthly forecast, and measure actual vs. budget and prior year operating variances.
- Create dashboards, benchmarks and roadmap plans to support strategic and operational decision making.
- Generate and analyze performance metrics on store and product line sales and margin trends against established targets. Assist with developing product line profit models and reporting cadence.
- Develop models, reporting cadence, and trend analysis of key operating metrics at the store level including traffic, close rate, average sale, sales, margin, and staff cost performance,
- Assist key stakeholders with monthly forecasting and developing departmental scorecards to help drive operational objectives.
- Analysis of franchise candidates including review of profit and loss statements, balance sheets, working capital and cash flow statements.
- Prepare Proformas, ROI and cash-on cash return analysis of new store and market opportunities.
- Capital planning and forecasting, including monitoring capital project spend, post audit and ROI analysis.
The position requires:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field.
- A minimum of five to seven years accounting experience. Retail experience is highly desired.
- Experience performing ROI and cash-on-cash return analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in an environment with multiple priorities. Must be able to work well with a diverse group in a deadline oriented environment.
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with Excel at the EXPERT level (pivot tables, Vlookups functions, VBA/Macros). Proficiency with Word and Power Point also required.
- Must be familiar with SQL queries.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
Art Van is an equal opportunity employer who offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. If you are interested, apply on-line at: jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.