Ascent Aviation Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ascent Aviation Services
Ascent Aviation Services is one of the largest aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation operations in the world. Our strength comes from our talented and professional employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. Ascent Aviation Services continues to grow and are continually looking for motivated and career minded aviation professionals who will support our vision and goals.
To provide accounting support to the Finance and Accounting department
Potential Hazards: Exposure to materials identified on Safety Data Sheets.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform monthly journal entries accurately and in a timely manner
- Identify month-end close accruals and take ownership of process on an ongoing basis
- Maintain various support schedules necessary to prepare monthly journal entries (prepaid expenses, accruals, etc.)
- Maintain Asset List and ensure all expenditures are capitalized
- Calculate and prepare expense allocations
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations and summarize account information
- Produce various financial reports for management (e.g., Daily Cash)
- Prepare capital lease and loan amortization schedules
- Assist the Controller with analyzing monthly financial statements and month-over-month variances to ensure accuracy before publishing financial statements
- Cost Accounting including preparing reports, analysis of variances and reports for presentation
- Assist CFO and Controller with audit including but not limited to preparing audit support and documentation as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Will participate in and support safety initiatives, safe work practices and SMS compliance.
- Will participate in safety activities including the following: immediately reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents/injuries.
- Will follow all safety rules, FAA regulations, PPE compliance and equipment operation requirements.
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance or relevant field
- Two or more years GL accounting experience
- In-depth knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Knowledge and understanding of intercompany transactions and reconciliations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and ERP Systems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Able to multitask and deliver within tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work successfully in a team environment, being adaptable, and flexible to navigate changing priorities.
Education/Training: Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance or relevant field.
Experience: Two or more years GL accounting experience, month end procedures and audit preparation.
Other: May be required to work at both Marana, AZ and Tucson, AZ locations as business needs dictate.
Ascent Aviation Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please use the link provided below to apply directly on our Company site.