Aspen Skiing Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Aspen Skiing Company
Pay: $23.36 to $32.70/hour
Applicants must have 13 + years to be considered at the higher end of the range.
Job Status: Full Time
Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Human Resources - Comp & Benefits, Human Resources - ALL CATEGORIES
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of multistate payroll, including payroll tax reporting and payments.
Skill / Requirements
Essential Job Functions
* Manage and process multi-state bi-weekly payroll. Includes bi-weekly exempt, non-exempt, monthly and billable pays.
* Reconcile payroll registers, update taxation and deductions based on employee work locations, process garnishments and back pay for all employees.
* Answer and resolve all payroll related issues with employees, tax agencies, 3rd party vendors and upper management, ensuring all hours worked are accounted for in the current pay period.
* Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
* Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculations of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, employment and workers' compensation payments.
* Ensure payroll system is set-up, updated and maintained to reflect current employee base & pay groups, wages & compensation, related taxes and records.
* Process all employee terminations with wages owed and communicate final payment information to employee.
* Audit 401 (k) and ensure accurate transmission of records.
* Perform bus pass and housing reconciliations or any monies owed in accordance with the law. Prepares appropriate accounts payable vouchers relating to various payroll deductions.
* Issue and distribute paychecks, manage direct deposit entries, benefits withholding, payroll deductions, garnishments and levies, flexible spending accounts, federal and state payroll tax deposits and returns, new hire reports, federal payroll summaries, W-2s, wage and hour law compliance, and paid leave, vacation and sick time reporting
* Perform other duties as assigned
* High School diploma or equivalent, Certified Payroll Professional designation
* 3 years of experience in high-volume, hourly employee payroll administration
* Knowledge of IRS regulations/tax laws, wage and hour laws and common fiscal procedures
* Meticulous attention to detail is required
* Requires proficiency in Word, Outlook, Powerpoint & Advanced MS Excel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
Enjoy fresh air and mountain views in the heart of the Rockies as our new Payroll Specialist at Aspen Skiing Company!