Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ASU Foundation
Payroll Specialist – ASU Enterprise Partners
What we do:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
ASU Enterprise Partners Shared Services
Enterprise Partners Shared Services comprises teams of investment and finance, law, information systems, human resources and communication experts who provide centralized guidance and support to each entity that makes up ASU Enterprise Partners: the ASU Foundation, University Realty LLC, ASU Research Enterprises, Arizona Technology Enterprises, and Research Collaboratory at ASU.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for assisting in the day to day operations of our payroll and benefit programs and for providing excellent customer service to our customers. Under the direction of the Sr. Payroll and Benefits Administrator, this person assists in processing multi-company payrolls and performs a variety of other payroll/benefits functions.
What you'll do:
- Process employee data (new hires, terminations, employee changes) in HRIS/Payroll system
- Assists in preparing payroll accurately and in timely manner
- Assist employees with inquiries regarding payroll, time reporting, and company benefits programs
- Manage time reporting in HRIS/Payroll system
- Calculate final pay and deductions for terminated employees
- Maintain personnel/payroll files and other confidential records in accordance with record retention guidelines
- Reconcile monthly benefit invoices
- Process disbursement requests for vendor invoices and other payroll and benefit related payments
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers
- Assist with day to day payroll and benefits administration, year-end reconciliations, postings and other year-end and quarter-end activities
- Provide backup for the Sr. Payroll and Benefits Administrator
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Enterprise Partners, its subsidiaries and University business and confidential prospect information
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
- Ability to represent the institution well
- Highest attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems, procedures, and reconciliation process
- Ability to run various reports to analyze and ensure accuracy of payroll, deductions, accruals, etc.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate payroll and human resources software
- Strong Knowledge of all relevant payroll, employment, and income tax laws, regulations, and operating guidelines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – with focus on Excel
- An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
Bachelor's degree in related field and 3 to 5 years’ experience and/or the equivalent education and work experience. Experience in Workday preferred.
Contact us today.
ASU Enterprise Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan and reduced tuition at ASU.
For more information on ASU Enterprise Partners, visit our web site at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
If interested in the Payroll Specialist position, please apply online at www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers.
ASU Enterprise Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We appreciate your interest in ASU Enterprise Partners. Please complete an application on our site by clicking the link below. Our search committee will review all submissions for this position. Selected candidates will be contacted directly to schedule an interview.
For more information about ASU Enterprise Partners, we invite you to visit www.asuenterprisepatners.org.
ASU Enterprise Partners HR Team