Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Skysong Innovations - Student Finance Assistant
at ASU Foundation
What we do:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
As the top-rated university for innovation, Arizona State is a powerful generator of intellectual capital and technology. Skysong Innovations, a private non-profit organization, disseminates and manages that capital in the marketplace by nurturing relationships between faculty, investors and industry partners. Since its creation in 2003, Skysong Innovations has launched more than 120 startups, which support over 1,000 jobs and contribute hundreds of millions of dollars to Arizona’s economy.
The Finance department for Skysong Innovations has an immediate need for a student to work approximately 20 hours per week as an Accounting Assistant. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Finance. This position is year-round throughout the school year with the possibility of full-time hours during the summer.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare journal entries, process reconciliations and process receipts
- High volume accounts payable & accounts receivable data entry
- Scan documents
- Organize and file various finance department documents
- Work closely with finance personnel
- Other duties and projects as needed to improve/support the finance organization
What you'll need:
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, writing, and by phone
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Enterprise Partners and University business and confidential prospect information
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Highly organized and able to work efficiently on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs as needed
- Basic accounting knowledge preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Intermediate level MS Excel user
A current student at Arizona State University pursuing a degree in a related field with a willingness to learn and ability to work well with others. Student must be willing to sign and abide by a confidentiality agreement.
Contact us today.
For more information on Skysong Innovations, visit our web site at https://www.skysonginnovations.com/. If interested in the Student Assistant position, please apply online at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careersSkysong Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer