Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Avalara, Inc.
The Senior Accountant – Global Payments is a key member of the Global Payments team. This role will be responsible for preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP. Reporting to the Director of Global Client Payments, the Senior Accountant will also be responsible for managing all GL reporting and financial reconciliation, as well as the documentation of internal controls over financial reporting.
Global Payments Team Functions Include
- Reconciling cash receipt transactions based on external reporting from payment processors and various internal reporting
- Accounting and analyzing incoming client tax funding transactions.
- Accounting and analyzing for transactions arising from various payments methods such as ACH, checks and wires.
- Accounting for Inter-company transactions
- Accounting for cash and investment activities
- Support Avalara’s Global Client Payments customer tax funding and payment processing and automation.
- Support quarterly and annual audits external audit requirements, and other ad-hoc audits
Primary duties and responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Prepare month-end close journal entries and account reconciliations
- Perform ad-hoc analysis of research on any unusual funding or payment transactions
- Lead meetings and be the owner/driver for various Global Payments initiatives as necessary
- Work with Global Client Payments team to ensure funding and payment processors’ files are properly reported in our internal system
- Reconciling cash receipt transactions for completeness and accuracy
- Prepare and present required quarterly or annual audit reviews and support SOX controls that pertain to Global Payments process.
- Assist in implementing, performing and documenting internal control procedures
- Collaborate with Engineering Team to provide requirements in enhancing accounting tools
- Perform independent technical accounting research and document conclusions in memoranda
- Document processes and templates to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Prepare quarterly review and year-end audit schedules, interact and provide details for testing to external auditors
Our preferred candidate:
- B.A. in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 4 years of corporate or public accounting experience, CPA preferred
- Experience with U.S. GAAP and internal controls, preferably in a public company environment
- Able to articulate technical accounting guidance and apply it to real world situations
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload
- Ability to think analytically to solve non-recurring and complex issues
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Positive and “Can do” attitude and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with NetSuite or similar ERP system
- Intermediate/expert Microsoft Excel skills
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.