Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Babson College
The Payroll Manager is responsible for the production and timely delivery of the College's, and related organizations, payroll to all employees. Specifically responsible for using an understanding of the College's in-house payroll system to accurately pay employees in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations; assuring proper tax treatment, accounting, and disposition of withholdings, such as taxes, deductions for benefits, charitable contributions, retirement contributions, and other savings; developing, maintaining, and continuously improving procedures and processes concerning all aspects of payroll and attaining best practices regarding payroll administration; and acting as both a strategic and tactical manager overseeing the entire payroll cycle.
- Manages all payroll functions to ensure compliance with applicable polices, contracts, and State and Federal laws while ensuring accurate and timely payroll processing.
- Performs Settlement Function in Workday for both Payroll and Accounts Payable.
- Directs and coordinates the work flow of payroll activities, including periodic process assessments and continuous improvement activities.
- Develops and implements best in class payroll policies with attention to compliance and effective internal control policies.
- Performs timely analysis of payroll records, reports, and discrepancies in order to resolve problems as expeditiously as possible and to maintain the integrity of the payroll, HR, and accounting systems.
- Responsible for accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll reconciliations and tax filings.
- Manages the College's international payroll and the Non-Resident Alien Tax review process for the College to ensure compliance with IRS policy. Regularly communicates with appropriate College organizations including Student Financial Services, Human Resources, and Accounts Payable; annually issues required 1042-S tax forms.
- Prepares information required for internal/external audit processes.
- Manages and develops payroll staff to ensure highest quality of service is provided to all employees of the College.
- Trains staff to be cross functional with Accounts Payable.
- Coordinates and monitors interfaces and accuracy between HR, Finance, and Student Financial Services.
- Serves as the internal and external face and voice of payroll and is an effective partner and liaison with constituents.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Senior Payroll Analyst
Senior Payroll Administrator
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- At least 6-8 years of successful experience managing all aspects of payroll administration (8-10 years preferred) in a complex organization with multiple payrolls; higher Education experience preferred
- Previous Workday experience a plus and prior system implementation experience highly desirable
- Must have exceptional team management skills as well as strong leadership capability and ability to effectively translate plans into tangible, achievable goals
- Prior successful experience and knowledge of principles of payroll processing, accounting, and related financial management practices
- Ability to develop and adhere to payroll internal controls
- Ability to successfully manage payroll in a fast paced environment, managing an internal payroll system for various types of employees
- Must have previous experience with ADP and various Time & Attendance software
- Strong organizational skills with ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to research, analyze, and report on financial and non-financial data
- Must be proficient in Reporting and Analytics
- Ability to independently and objectively coach direct reports in the resolution of payroll related matters
- Ability to develop, monitor, report and adhere to comprehensive departmental budget
- Ability to quickly establish creditability and confidence with stakeholders
- Demonstrated technological competence with an appreciation and skill to apply technology in departmental operations
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Must have strong client orientation
- Ability to create an environment where direct reports have the freedom and security to take initiative; deal with complexities with resilience, resourcefulness, and optimism; and appreciate open mindedness, creativity, and agility in thought and tactics.
- Ability to embrace ideas and changes created by all community members.
- Ability to work independently to solve problems; look for opportunities to take on responsibility; take thoughtful risks; and effectively act on new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Ability to anticipate and effectively handle change; demonstrate willingness to try new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Professional Certification preferred
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Staff
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.