Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Job ID
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
This position provides leadership and management by directing all phases of engagement planning and administration. Provides a wide range of compliance and consulting services by developing knowledge to enable a proactive planning approach that maximizes efficiencies and minimize liabilities.
- Lead and plan projects and client engagement
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work. Lead the engagement team in delivering products and services
- Direct all phases of planning and administration for engagements
- Research, write and review complex planning strategies, services and client advice
- Oversee billing and collections of clients
- Monitor and adhere to engagement time budget
- Manage client relationships
- Maintain active communication to manage expectations and ensure client satisfaction
- Respect the confidential and independent nature of the client relationships
- Address and resolve client issues
- Manage staff
- Manage and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Impart knowledge, facilitate staff development and provide training and learning experiences
- Effectively delegate and oversee the work efforts by setting goals, providing resources and removing obstacles
- Evaluate performance and work efforts; provide input to team leader and participate in performance appraisals process. Assist in managing and improving underperformance
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
- Actively facilitate effective team building
Pursue new business development
- Identify additional areas of service to offer current clients. Convert opportunities for additional service and new business into engagements for the firm
- Maintain primary and active relationships with key business contacts, key clients and referral sources
Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise
- Comply with continuing education requirements; participate in professional organizations, independent study, etc.
- Integrate new knowledge and skills into daily work and share with colleagues as appropriate
- Acknowledged and sought out by others due to extensive, in-depth knowledge and expertise in field
- Maintain current knowledge of local, state, federal and international laws; evaluate and advise on the impact of new related strategies, programs, and/or regulatory actions
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required. Master’s Degree or other advanced degree desired.
- CPA required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in professional tax accounting functions including a minimum of two (2) years of supervisory responsibilities required.
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed software and Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required.
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.