Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Job ID
Experience the difference, experience the Baker Tilly difference. Be someone, don’t be a number. We treat everyone as individuals with their own unique goals and aspirations. Be heard, your opinions and contributions matter – everyday.
At Baker Tilly, we live our core values of collaboration, integrity, passion and stewardship. They represent who we are, what we stand for and what we are working together to achieve. Our teams represent a cross-section of industry professionals and our clients call on us to do far more than just audit, you will be part of that value enhancement.
Join us as an Assurance Senior Accountant and begin to make a difference in yourself and our clients!
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow.
As an Audit Senior, you are responsible for the day to day activities of financial statement audits, reviews, compilations, agreed upon procedures as it relates to client engagements - while maintaining positive client relationships. This role is expected to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning, appropriately display ethical knowledge and practices, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality with timely completion of duties.
Lead and provide project management
- Coordinate, research and complete complex technical work involving accounting matters
- Assist with managing client relationships to deliver quality services and products
- Monitor and adhere to engagement time budgets
- Delegate to staff and interns as appropriate
Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise
- Comply with continuing education requirements; participate in professional organizations, independent study, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of local, state and federal laws and practices to advise new strategies and programs
- Provide extensive, in-depth knowledge of field to others
Other duties/Special Projects
- Train, review and evaluate staff, as needed, provide timely feedback
- Identify and recommend additional services for existing clients
- Participate in special projects
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelors degree in accounting or other business field required; Master’s degree in accounting preferred
- CPA license or has credits qualifying to sit for the CPA exam required
- Minimum of three (3) years of public accounting or combination of public and private industry experience
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, communication skills and solid Microsoft Suite skills required
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.