Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Controller - Client Accounting Services Practice
at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Job ID
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Baker Tilly Advantage delivers a modernized and comprehensive approach to meeting our client’s accounting, tax, and financial reporting needs. The Advantage team combines core service needs with industry expertise and cloud accounting solutions to deliver customized dashboards and reports that assist our clients in making strategic business decisions. This approach allows us to play an integral role in our clients’ management team, and provide a customizable service bundle that meets their needs.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Are you ready for a new accounting challenge? Do you want to use your experience from public or private accounting in a new way? We’re looking for a Controller to join our outsourced client accounting practice. In this role, you will work in a cloud based environment and serve as the Controller for multiple clients across the country, working with a team of professionals to provide accounting and advisory solutions to their businesses. Come and join a fast growing team, where we can offer you variety in your client work to help you grow your skills and a steady schedule to allow for a healthy work/life balance!
You will enjoy this role if:
- You are looking for your next challenge, crave variety where no day is the same and feel your skills and expertise can be better utilized.
- You are tech savvy and would enjoy helping transform businesses through automation and cloud based accounting solutions.
- You are looking to be part of a fast growing, innovative practice where your insights and creativity can help us continue to build, improve and advance.
- You believe that better data, allows for better advice, which leads to better results.
- You like a corporate accounting department schedule and environment, but also crave the investment in technology and training that an innovative CPA firm provides to accountants.
This role is a fit for you if you are:
- Looking to work within a team environment to help serve our clients as their outsourced accounting leader.
- A creative problem solver who enjoys learning new businesses and providing insights and advice to clients in order to help them achieve their goals and dreams.
- A strong project manager who is able to lead high quality, efficient and profitable client engagements.
- A financial professional that enjoys identifying opportunities to expand services to our clients in order to help them achieve their strategic goals.
- A team player with strong communication skills in order to work collaboratively with others through the sales and client on-boarding processes.
- A finance professional who enjoys staying on top of accounting trends and best practices in order to make recommendations as it pertains to our business goals.
- A detail orientated team member who can successfully manage multiple clients and competing priorities.
- A leader who is passionate about developing others and ensuring we offer best in class service to our clients.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Public Accounting experience a plus.
- Six (6) plus years of progressively responsible experience in professional accounting functions.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles related to classifying, recording, and summarizing data and making computations to compile financial records.
- Excellent understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience in QuickBooks On-line (QBO) and/or Sage Intacct a plus.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.