Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Private Equity Fund Accounting Internship
at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Job ID
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly has an immediate opening for a bright, hard-working individual to work within the Investment Fund Administration Services group, which is focused on outsourced private equity accounting. This individual will be an integral part of an emerging and rapidly growing business unit – every day brings new adventures and challenges serving our dynamic private equity clients across the country. In addition to the below qualifications, positive candidate attributes include strong client communication skills, attention to detail, adaptability, having a proactive approach to work, and displaying a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn and grow.
- Record journal entries and track daily cash movements
- Assist with treasury operations
- Help prepare quarterly and annual financial statements for internal review
- Assist with preparation of capital calls and distribution notices
- Coordinate the delivery of capital call and distribution notices to clients and their investors
- Prepare and review correspondence with client investors to address inquires as needed
- Help manage investor portals on behalf of clients
- Coordinate and complete special projects as directed by management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Enrolled as a full-time student during the 2019/2020 school year in an accounting (or related) program, goal to obtain CPA eligibility through course work is preferred
- Outstanding academic performance with a minimum overall GPA of a 3.0 required with at least a 3.2 GPA preferred
- A general interest in supporting private equity fund operations and accounting
- Excellent communication, time management, planning, and problem solving skills and the ability to multitask required
- Must be able to communicate and interact professionally and effectively through written and verbal communication with current and potential clients
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn and strong work ethic
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work at least 20 hours per week
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.