Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Job ID
- Assurance & Tax
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
This position is responsible for the coordination and completion of technical work on client engagements involving accounting and consulting matters while maintaining positive client relationships. This position provides creative and objective guidance for proactive, year-round planning to minimize client liabilities while complying with local, state, federal and/or international laws. This position is responsible for providing exceptional client service, demonstrating commitment to continuous learning, appropriately displaying ethical knowledge and practices and for exhibiting a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and timely completion of duties.
Lead and provide project management
- Coordinate, research and complete complex technical work involving accounting matters
- Assist with managing client relationships to delover quality services and products
- Monitor and adhere to engagement time budgets
- Delegate to Accountants as appropriate
Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise
- Comply with continuing education requirements; participate in professional organizations, independent study, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of local, state and federal laws and practices and advise new stragegies and programs
- Provide exensive, in-depth knowledge of field to others
Pursue business development
- Identify and recommend additional services for existing clients
- Serve as a resource in pursuit of new business
Other duties/Special Projects
- Train, review and evaluate staff, as needed, provide timely feedback
- Participate in special projects
Successful candidates will have:
- A Bachelors degree with an accounting major and credits qualifying to sit for the CPA exam required
- Master’s degree in accounting preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive tax compliance and/or consulting experience, experience in public accounting required
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, communication skills and solid Microsoft Suite skills required
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.