BCA Financial Services, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Billing Specialist - Revenue Cycle
at BCA Financial Services, Inc
LIFE IS SHORT. DO WORK THAT MATTERS.
BCA Financial Services, Inc. is seeking an experienced full-time Billing Specialist with a strong knowledge of the healthcare revenue cycle process. The specialist engages in accurate and timely submissions of insurance claims; including obtaining missing information, denials, claims follow-up, compliance with departmental standards, HIPAA and healthcare governing agency policies and procedures.
- Interpret and analyze EOBs, remits and payment posting entries
- Check claim status from payers through telephone, websites, and any other communication deemed necessary for insurance carriers in a prompt and efficient manner
- Collect on insurance accounts by contacting insurance carriers and other third-party payers to verify receipt of billing and other information needed to process claims, secure approximate date of payment, negotiate with claims personnel for prompt payment and resolve discrepancies in billing within appropriate time frames
- Perform benefit verification & prior-authorization for Medicaid, Medicare and commercial insurances, as needed
- Review information to ensure that it meets the medical and billing criteria or adjudication
- Identify payor trends in payment delays and escalates issues to appropriate personnel
- Work effectively with ICD-9/10 Codes and CPT codes, Revenue codes, UB04 and HCFA 1500 and 837 terminologies
- Obtain medical records, lab reports, and other documentation when necessary
- Appeal authorizations and/or claims that have been denied by insurance carriers
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of medical billing follow-up experience
- Ability to read EOBs, remits, and identify denial codes
- Knowledge of third-party claims and diagnostic coding to include ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS code guidelines (certification not required)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to resolve complex billing and collection situations with third party payers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite to include Excel
We are team-centric with an open communication culture where micro-managing is an outdated concept and we want to coach you to excellence.
You will work in a collaborative work environment where you are encouraged to be yourself while working with management to grow and develop your professional skills as well as personally.
BCA Financial Services, Inc. offers top talent the following:
- Rewarding Career Opportunities
- Supportive, motivated, engaged supervisors and managers who respect others
- Business casual work environment
- Comprehensive Training and Mentoring Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life and 401k
- Paid Time Off
BCA Financial Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keyword Search: healthcare, hospital, physician, customer service, credit, collections, accounts receivable, A/R, AR, billing, bill collector, billing clerk, collections clerk, patient account, medical, insurance, revenue cycle, patient financial, EOBs, insurance collections, medical collections,