Berntson Porter & Company, PLLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tax Manager- International
at Berntson Porter & Company, PLLC
What sets Berntson Porter apart from other public accounting firms? We have been recognized as the #1 public accounting firm in the country, known for providing top notch service to our clients and treating our employees like family. We are committed to providing you opportunities to engage with new clients, train and develop emerging leaders in the firm, oversee and assist current clients, and participate in philanthropic community events.
We are looking for an innovative and team oriented professional to join our tax team department. You will initiate and manage tax and business planning, consulting and compliance engagements. Individuals who thrive at Berntson Porter take ownership of assigned tasks and see them to completion, have a hunger for learning, and take pride in building long lasting relationships with clients and coworkers.
Your Growth and Benefits
At Berntson Porter, our ongoing educational training focuses on your interests and strengths to accelerate your career. You will participate in an extensive coaching program to help develop your skills to the next level. From on the job learning to formal training, you can expect exposure to a wide variety of tax areas to help you succeed.
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and a flexible work schedule. We also take pride in our service to the community and have been recognized for our philanthropic efforts. Whether you have an interest in developing your leadership skills or pursuing community involvement, you are bound to find an opportunity that peaks your interest.
Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
Making an Impact
- As an International Manager in our Tax department, you will make an impact by:
- Providing quality service through the planning and execution of tax services
- Proactively considering the impact of client transactions during tax preparation and in regards to international regulations
- Demonstrating the ability to think beyond accounting and understanding client opportunities and goals
- Consulting clients regarding foreign payments
- Suggesting and implementing enhancements to tax engagement documentation and the tax preparation processes
- Coaching and mentoring staff
- Traveling to an international PrimeGlobal Roundtable conference
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum four years of experience in public accounting, one year with international concentration
- CPA license required
- Experience working with treaties
- Experience managing multiple client engagements
- Comfortable doing research regarding potential business transactions abroad
- Understanding of FBAR, 8938, 5471, 8858, and 8865
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and anticipate client needs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills