Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Analyst - Commercial - (prior experience as a Business Analyst/Product Dev required)
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,400 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Develops, implements and manages strategies to create new products and keep BCBSAZ’s existing products competitive in the marketplace while ensuring their profitability and compliance with state and federal regulation. Creates and delivers product information to internal and external stakeholders, and serves as subject matter expert for product-related questions.
LEVEL 1 – Product Analyst
- Create product materials for internal and external distribution, including marketing materials, Summaries of Benefits and Coverage, and benefit changes sheets
- Develop product web content, identifying where change are needed or opportunities are available, working with content control areas to prioritize and implement changes within necessary timelines
- Coordinate translation and 508 compliance processes for product documents. Maintain and monitor budget.
- Coordinate legal review, accreditation and health literacy processes for all product materials
- Conduct quality assurance process for materials, filings, and other internal and customer-facing product information. Ensure that all information created and distributed by the Product Development team is accurate and complete.
- Manage team resource shared site, uploading all product documents and ensuring all available documentation is up-to-date and accurate
- Document all critical business processes as part of Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor competitive intelligence data sources, compiling all key information and sharing critical information with stakeholders
- Assist in the coordination and testing of key projects
LEVEL 2 – Senior Product Analyst
- Manage product launches and key initiatives, identifying necessary operational and system requirements necessary for successful implementation
- Lead the process to complete all required state and federal product filings, ensuring all filings are submitted on time and are accurate
- Monitor legislative and regulatory environment, including proposed and enacted legislation and regulations. Identify components that may impact the product line, and compile key insights for review by management
- Create all product templates and documentation that will serve as the “source of truth” for product information in the organization, and will be used to create all necessary product materials
- Understand state and federal regulations, legislation and guidance, ensuring all product materials are compliant with all defined parameters
- Drive business intelligence through the development of external and internal data sources to understand and extract shifts and trends in the competitive, health care delivery, distribution channel, consumer, and employer landscapes
- Track, compile and analyze enrollment, revenue and gain of new and existing products to monitor performance and extract key insights
- Serve as product subject matter expert for internal stakeholders. Create and deliver training sessions and materials for new products, processes, renewals and changes.
- Create compelling presentations, memos and white papers to put forward proposals and educate the organization
Manage product mailings as required
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.