Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Accountant (December 2021)
- # of Openings
Kick off your public accounting career at a great workplace. We know how to get high-quality recruits up to speed in public accounting. Once you’re in the door, our workstyle and benefits package will keep you here. We are currently recruiting entry level Assistant Accountants to work with the audit, tax and SBA teams at multiple New York office locations. The successful candidate will provide timely, accurate and reliable completion of client engagements, while ensuring delivery is consistent with principal/partner and client expectations. This role requires the ability to work in a changeable client-service environment and to create raving fans of our clients by asking the right questions, being effective listeners and communicators, and providing creative solutions through targeted resources and technical expertise. We are currently recruiting for full-time staff to start in December 2021.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements/tax returns in addition to other accounting/audit assignments.
- Effectively apply technology tools and software in assigned areas.
- Recognize and proactively support the fact that the firm is in the business of providing quality client service.
- Anticipate problems and issues, and keep the senior/manager informed of engagement/project status.
- Comply with firm practice management and quality control procedures and systems.
- Develop awareness of budget constraints vs. quantity of work needed on files.
- Contribute to fostering an environment of team work.
- Maintain and promote ethical and firm values in conducting internal and external business activities.
- Become familiar with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Learn the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA.
- Become familiar with pronouncements of the FASB, AICPA, GAO, and GASB.
- Prepare clear and concise working papers.
- Prepare meaningful and well written recommendations for inclusion in client correspondence.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify issues and apply accounting principles and auditing procedures.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Prepare tax returns (as applicable)
- Work independently on bookkeeping and account reconciliations both in the office and at client location (as applicable for SBA)
- Develop positive working relationships with clients.
- Develop an ability to effectively respond to questions from supervisors and clients.
- Strengthen ability to actively listen and question appropriately to gain full understanding.
- Effectively apply technology tools in assigned areas.
- Display substantial progress toward CPA license, including passing the CPA exam as soon as possible.
- CPA certification or progress towards completion
- Computer proficiency and ability to effectively use firm technology
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; i.e. client presentations, industry articles, etc.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours at peak client service delivery times
- Desire to seek involvement in professional and community organization
- Ability to develop and sustain business relationships for the purpose of increasing the firms client base
- Ability to be autonomous and to handle and manage multiple priorities
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
Hours of Operation
- Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Our summer hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. to noon on Friday.
- The ability to work additional hours during busy season is critical, but the rest of the year, flexibility is key.
In the fast-changing accounting industry, The Bonadio Group is always on the cutting edge of growth and innovation. Top-rated employee policies keep our workforce energized and advancing, and because of our many teams and specialty services, we offer more paths to partnership, including non-traditional arrangements. Add to that our robust training and mentoring programs, and the opportunities for growth really add up. Truly, at Bonadio, your trajectory is limitless. We are the nation’s 38th largest CPA and consulting firm, and the biggest in Upstate New York. Get on board, grow with us, and find your path to partnership. Apply today!