Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Busy Season Internship - Tax (Spring 2021)
- # of Openings
- Tax Accounting
Our accounting internships involve actual accounting. Prepare for your public accounting career the right way—by working inside client teams that demand excellence under pressure. There’s no other way to know if you’re cut out to be a CPA. At The Bonadio Group you will be challenged to continually learn new skills, work in a high-paced environment, and provide exceptional detail and accuracy. We are currently recruiting for Spring Interns for 2021 (January - April).
Work as an intern assistant on a variety of firm-related and client assignments. Work under supervision of a performance coach and mentor on assigned audit engagements and develop relationships with other staff and clients. This role requires the ability to continually learn and use new skills, and to work in a high-paced, changeable client-service environment.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in addition to other accounting/audit assignments.
- Effectively apply technology tools and software in assigned areas.
- Recognize and proactively support the fact that the firm is in the business of providing quality client service.
- Keep the supervisors informed of engagement/project status.
- Comply with firm practice management and quality control procedures and systems.
- Develop awareness of budget constraints vs. quantity of work needed on files.
- Become familiar with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Learn the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA.
- Become familiar with pronouncements of the FASB, AICPA, GAO, and GASB.
- Develop the ability to identify and understand accounting issues and apply accounting principles and auditing procedures.
- Develop an ability to effectively respond to questions from supervisors and clients.
- Enhance writing skills related to business correspondence.
- Strengthen ability to actively listen and question appropriately to gain full understanding.
- Active enrollment in an accredited Accounting curriculum that satisfies the 150-hour academic requirement towards CPA certification
- Demonstrate an awareness and ability to use the firm software packages effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have passion to provide superior customer satisfaction
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Dependable and proactive self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Maintain and promote ethical and firm values in conducting internal and external business activities
- Satisfactory academic progress in an Accounting program (GPA of 3.2 or greater)
HOURS OF OPERATION:
- Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Our summer hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. to noon on Friday.
- The ability to work additional hours during busy season is critical, but the rest of the year, flexibility is key.
In the fast-changing accounting industry, The Bonadio Group is always on the cutting edge of growth and innovation. Top-rated employee policies keep our workforce energized and advancing, and because of our many teams and specialty services, we offer more paths to partnership, including non-traditional arrangements. Add to that our robust training and mentoring programs, and the opportunities for growth really add up. Truly, at Bonadio, your trajectory is limitless. We are the nation’s 38th largest CPA and consulting firm, and the biggest in Upstate New York. Get on board, grow with us, and find your path to partnership. Apply today