C2 Essentials, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Director Finance and Administration
at C2 Essentials, Inc.
Virginia - Alexandria
Position Zip Code:
The Senior Director Finance and Administration will supervise and manage the day to day Finance and Administration needs of the organization. Direct the creation and maintenance of strategic financial analysis while producing well-structured financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research:
• Provide oversight and direction of financial transaction and accounting practices. Designs, implements, and monitors financial reporting and control systems
• Provide oversight for all financial transactions and is responsible for ensuring compliance
• Lead accounting and finance operations, systematize, document, and ensure effective and efficient processes, appropriate controls, and visibility are in place for all accounting operations
• Direct and execute day-to-day management of accounting and finance operational functions, including transactions such as processing cost transfers, salary distributions, invoices, additional compensation payments
• Collaborate closely with President and CEO and human resource team on issues related to processing all staff, temporary employees, consultants and all other appointments
• Ensure annual financial budget targets for revenue and expense projections for each program and department are established
• Work with account owners to ensure that line-item budgets are submitted, reviewed and revised as appropriate
• Ensure the realization of on-target financial performance through effective budget management and accounting operations
• Provide successful and on-time monthly, quarterly and year-end closing of the budget in line with NACME policies and procedures
• Continuously improve reporting/planning/audit tools and capabilities utilized by programs and departments to monitor/manage expenses
• Work with program and department leadership to instill a culture of budget management and awareness through continuous education
• Develop and implement business operations policies and procedures, as well as training materials and methods for the financial policies, procedures, and applications
• Coordinate across departments to develop and continuously improve processes
• Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or related field from four-year college or university; Master’s degree strongly preferred
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a senior financial role
• Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities and deadlines
• Ability to handle pressure and be proactive
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical writing and researching skills
• Capable of handling many projects simultaneously
• Ability to work well in a team as well as independently
• Strong critical thinking and organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to recognize data and calculation inconsistencies
• Confident communicator; ability to work effectively with staff members
• Computer skills required: proficiency in MS Office, MS Dynamics (Great Plains), Google Docs, and customer relationship management software
• Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Must have strong planning, organizational, and research skills
• Savvy and experience utilizing new and existing online mediums to inform and actively engage sizable audiences
• Works within a team-oriented environment
• Project Management - develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
• Customer Service - manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Business Acumen - understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
• Motivation - sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
• Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Initiative - volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.