Carnegie Mellon University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Payroll Specialist - Finance Division
at Carnegie Mellon University
The Finance Division at Carnegie Mellon University responsible for providing financial management, enterprise planning and stewardship in support of education, research, and strategic goals of the university. As part of the Business Systems and Services Team, the payroll department supports the entire scope of pay operations for CMU, to include staff, faculty and students, international and domestic multi-state locations, and works in close collaboration with the human resources division.
Carnegie Mellon Universitys Payroll department is searching for a Global Payroll Specialist. This is an excellent opportunity if you thrive in an interesting and meaningful work environment. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will function as a member of a team of experts dedicated to ensure accurate payroll processing and administration of related activities for the universitys faculty, staff and student workers. In this role, you will have responsibility of executing gross-to-net payroll functions, as well as provide job training and mentorship to other team members as needed.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Ensure accurate processing and administration of related activities for the Universitys faculty, staff and student workers (i.e., standard and off-cycle payroll runs, garnishment maintenance and an overall understanding of post and pre-tax deductions);
- Assist with the documentation of processes and provide recommendations for improvement;
- Oversight of the departments case management queue; and
- Follow-up on inquires, perform research and analysis, ensure accurate resolution or raise issues to the appropriate individual on the team.
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Payroll Department. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a dynamic population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You will demonstrate:
- Ability to demonstrate accountability and a strong dedication to meeting team objectives and deadlines;
- In-depth knowledge of payroll transactional processes and related administrative activities, including relevant taxation and compliance considerations;
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality skills;
- Social skills that can give to an outstanding customer-service environment, including application of tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers and sensitive data;
- Capability to tackle problems and multi-task in the context of a multi-tier customer service model; and
- Strong organizational and planning skills to be successful in a high-volume pay processing department.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelors degree required; combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Minimum three years of relevant payroll experience required; payroll experience for a medium to large non-profit and/or higher-education organization highly desired.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) preferred.
- Experience with international payroll transaction processing, taxation and compliance regulations, and non-resident alien payroll highly desired.
- Workday software experience preferred.
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including V-lookups and pivot tables highly desired.
Applications containing a cover letter and resume will be given top consideration.