Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Payroll Practitioner
at Centennial Bank
For more information and/or to apply, please visit our career site at:
www.my100bank.com (click careers)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Sr Payroll Practitioner is responsible for effective administration and processing of complex, multi-state payroll in a timely and accurate manner; and in compliance with State and Federal regulations and organization policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administer a multi-state payroll system and processes, including all time-keeping related systems and reporting. This duty is performed weekly.
2. Compile, calculate, enter and process payroll data for staff changes, new hires and separations, employee tax deductions, garnishments, paid time off, and benefit deductions. This duty is performed weekly.
3. Regularly review payroll source data and reports for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to State and Federal regulations and bank policies. This duty is performed weekly.
4. Manage the accurate data flow between the payroll database and automated time and attendance system; Manage year-end payroll processes and closing to include W-2 issue resolution and corrections. This duty is performed weekly.
5. Maintain accurate employees' records of all payroll actions. This duty is performed weekly.
6. Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws. This duty is performed daily.
7. Independently research and resolve even the most complex payroll-related problems, unexpected results or process flaws; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements. This duty is performed as needed.
8. Respond promptly and accurately to inquiries concerning employees' payroll deductions, hours, wage garnishments and other related topics; assist with resolution of related problems; troubleshoot errors and assists managers with technical matters. This duty is performed as needed.
9. Proactively recommend process/ service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or variations from established policy relative to payroll and other HR initiatives. Actively participate in various HR projects and initiatives, especially those involving the payroll and/ or HRIS. This duty is performed as needed.
10. Serve as a backup to the Payroll Officer. May serve as a mentor for more junior level Payroll staff, if assigned. This duty is performed as needed.
11. Respond promptly and accurately to employment verification requests. This duty is performed as needed.
12. Maintain current knowledge of federal and state payroll rules and laws which govern the payroll administration practices. This duty is performed daily.
13. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed daily.
14. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner. This duty is performed annually.
15. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to read, analyze, and understand common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; Ability to respond to complex or difficult inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of a routine nature.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
FPC, CPP, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: 10-Key, Database, Human Resources Systems, Payroll Systems, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Intermediate: Accounting, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Contact Management, Presentation/PowerPoint
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Continuously exposed to one or two elements such as noise, intermittent standing, walking; and pushing, carrying, or lifting. May involve some travel and/or work is at times, in the evening or during the night hours.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
High diversity, low physical. Work activities which allow for considerable amount of diversity as an incumbent performs a variety of tasks. Such tasks might be performed from a given work area, or the individual may move about physically in performing a variety of duties.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk or hear; frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; color vision; and peripheral vision.
Occasional travel may be required.
Paid holidays and vacation
* Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Skill / Requirements