City of Aurora
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Analyst - Business Services
at City of Aurora
- Summary of Job Duties
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and
collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent
organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission
and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of
the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by
modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer
Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first come-first serve basis; as soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Incumbent will provide specialized budget/financial analyst services in support of Parks, Recreation and Open Space Department.
Responsibilities will include:
- Use of a financial accounting system for financial reporting and analysis
- Preparing and reviewing various technical and financial reports and providing research, analysis, data and presentation support for special projects and other management assistance projects
- Performing budget-to-actual variance analysis & assisting Manager with financial reviews for the management team
- Composing budget forms and assisting with reports/spreadsheets for the annual budget
- Cash Handling Functions -Performing site audits and Special Event cash handling
- Maintaining spreadsheets to report grant funds to a variety of agencies and acting as backup handling/reporting department sales taxes
- Other duties assigned.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field
- At least 4 years of related finance support experience, data analysis, basic
understanding of financial reports and intermediate Microsoft Excel skill
- Government or Municipal experience (Preferred)
Knowledge: Knowledge of spreadsheet software applications, governmental financial principles, financial principles, cash handling, word processing, management information systems, and systems, and related databases.
Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens; handles sensitive or stressful situations with tact and diplomacy; communicates effectively both orally and in writing; compiles and accurately analyzes financial data; makes effective written and oral presentations and maintains the confidentiality of sensitive information.
Skills: Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills. Skill in the use of personal computers and related database and spreadsheet software applications
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Drivers License with good driving history
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Primarily sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 30 pounds
- Occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing
- Frequent hand/eye coordination for operation of office equipment
- Vision for reading and interpreting reports and data analysis and preparation
- Frequent speech communication, hearing and listening to maintain communication with employees and citizens
- Works in a clean, comfortable environment
- Standard business and professional tools and equipment
vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment
For Veterans preferences: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.