City of Aurora
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Support Specialist
at City of Aurora
- Summary of Job Duties
*This position is scheduled to close on December 7, 2020 at 12:00 noon, however is subject to close at any time without further notice. A "first review" will be conducted on all applications received on or before november 23, 2020. Thank you*
The Financial Support Specialist performs administrative support tasks to coordinate all purchasing functions of the Aurora Police Department.
This is an entry level position with a hiring range between $23.18 and $25.48 dependent on years of experience over the minimum qualifications
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
The Aurora Police Department
Vision: Aurora Police Department will continually evolve as an innovative agency. Within the Aurora Police Department there are four separate divisions: Operations; Metro; Professional Accountability; and Business Services and employs over 800 Civil Service and Career Service employees whose mission is Partnering with Our Community to Make Aurora Safer Every Day.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
To be employed by the Aurora Police Department you will need to successfully pass a background check, polygraph test, and fingerprint screening, along with other conditions of employment; drug test and verification of employment. Because of this, there is a longer recruitment process, we thank you in advance for your patience.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Centrally administers and coordinates all Police Department purchasing processes and activity including product research, preparation of requisitions, purchase order execution, vendor contacts, orders status and payment requests
- Recommends improved processes and procedures
- Ensures compliance with City and Department purchasing procedures including required documentation
- Serves as purchasing card custodian official for all purchasing card activity
- Performs lead worker duties including training and review of accounts payable activity
- Conducts annual fixed asset inventories except vehicles
- Researches, compiles and prepares various materials for administrative, statistical and analytical inquiries
- Maintains an accounting of approved grant and seizure purchases to insure proper accounting for reporting requirements
- Develops and provides training to department managers and accounts payable staff
- Acts as department liaison with Information Technology orders
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
- Associates Degree in accounting, business administration or related field
- 2 years progressively responsible experience in a support services function related to the procurement of materials and services
- Purchasing experience in a law enforcement activity or municipal government
- Knowledge of clerical accounting and purchasing procedures
- Personal computers including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
- Working knowledge of policy and procedures related to grants, asset forfeitures, City purchasing and accounts payable systems preferred
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens
- Effectively interact with executive level managers
- Communicate both orally and in writing; effectively work on multiple requests for purchases simultaneously
- Prepare and maintain accurate records
- Skill in operating a personal computer and related software including word processing, database, and spreadsheet software applications
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Light physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 10 pounds with or without assistance
- Occasional lifting, carrying, walking, and standing
- Frequent hand/eye coordination to operate office equipment
- Vision for reading, recording, and interpreting information
- Frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens
- Essential duties performed primarily in an indoor office, public area setting.
- Eligible for for teleworking based on business needs
- Standard business and professional tools and equipment
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment